The Ad Bug

Geek Gadgets

Every two weeks, Dumonde and Skeeter pick a new "kewl" tech toy to vote and speak out on. We use only the Kewl stuff you suggest, so vote on this week's kewl item and let us know what you think.

December 1, 2003—January 11, 2004

Earbud Player

what it is: Earbud Player

company: Hasbro

what it does: This sleek HITCLIPS Earbud Player puts the music where your ear is!

why is it kewl? It's completely portable! You can take it anywhere you go and it leaves your hands free for other things.

Check the vote count on this Geek Gadget!

Thanks Andy Age: 11 From: UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA) for the geek gadget suggestion!

I think it it the most LAM-O thing my grand mother bought me one and it stinks I returned it to the store that day. All it plays is one minute of the song ( to be honest it is stupid pulicity that plays a little of the song for you to hear kinda like previews ). So you might want to reconsider buying one just save your money and buy a CD player you can hear the WHOLE song that way! - Jennie - Age: 14 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

prety cool - Daniel - Age: 12 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

hey,Geek Gadgets I think you are cool have to go bye. - Laura - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

i think it is not kewl because it has already been invented. - Amber - Age: 11 - From UNITED KINGDOM

I think that is better then the othor hit clip. - Shannon - Age: 9 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

its pretty cool that kids can do this stuff - Rohan - Age: 12 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I don't think it is kewl. For one thing Hit Clips never let's you hear the whole song, and it is so yesterday. My friends hardly listen to hit clips any more. This toy is a Geek Gadget! - Taylor - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

well it is pretty kewl and u can put it on ur ears with out having it in ur way.But i have hearing aids and that sux - Danielle - Age: 13 - From CANADA

it is like so dumb i hate this "kewl" thing is just DUMB! - Princess - Age: 12 - From PERU

thats not all that cool i mean my aunt wears a bandana and puts her cell phone under it by her ear and talks hands free! - Quen - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

Well first of all this has basically already been invented, the person who is trying to sell this product is just making a more portable version. Second of all it is just another invention for kids to in worse trouble at school. Because you know that these things are going to be brought to school so that the owner{us} can show it off to there friends. - London - Age: 12 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think it's cool cos i love music and i be glad to have to have one.I don't know what others think about it,but i think its lovely. - Subomi - Age: 12 - From NIGERIA

dude it is totally cool! - Elena - Age: 12 - From MEXICO

I THINK IT'S VERY INTERESTING. OBJECTS LIKE THAT ARE NOT MADE IN MY HOME COUNTRY. - STARLENE - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

Cool... but it's allread invented. sorry. - Penny - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

they are cool and I was wondering if I can have one. - Stuart - Age: 9 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

i think its realy cool and me and my sister have one and their realy cool and stuff like that - Dalton - Age: 13 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

It's OK, but I personally do not like Hit Clips becasuse you pay so mluch for the songs and they are over in, like, 30 seconds. So it is So not worth it! - Melanie - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

Cool! - Kim - Age: 11 - From UNITED KINGDOM

they are cool in a way but not my style - Pam - Age: 12 - From AUSTRALIA

I, well perosinally I rthink its really geekey - Haley - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think it's really odd strange! - Elizabeth - Age: 10 - From CANADA

I think it's very KEWL!!!I would like to have one - Grant - Age: 8 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

i think this gadget is cool because you can have it in your ear and do your chores at the same time - Jenny - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

Well I have one and it does work good. I could do my homework and listen to headphones at the same time. It is very cheap and everyone has one and you should to. - Megan - Age: 13 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

they are so cool u get to listen to ur favriote music - Casey - Age: 14 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

its like already made - Gabrielle - Age: 9 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

It is cool... I guess??? - Savannah - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

i think hasbro just created a new music player to pry money out of peoples pockets. belive me i had a hit clip once it's not all it's cracked up to be
you don't need their new music player i have a portable radio and it works as good as any of hasbro's new and improoved radio system. - Stefan - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think it is OK, but not really cool like some people say. The first thing is that I think you can not choose which music to listen. If it has stuff like Pop, I dont think many people will like it... (Am I wrong???) I also think that it is not so good because it is only for one ear. But I am sure that many people are not used to mono, it would not be so good to listen to it then. It would be way better if they would make it for both ears. Another thing that it looks quite weird. Especially when only on one ear. But maybe when it becames more poular, it would look even cool. (???) The only good thing about it is if your are running, or holding something, you would not need to use your hands. I think it is much more comfortable to use than a normal player. - Ksenia - Age: 11 - From SWEDEN

I think this is sorta cool because it is really small and wouldn't be hard to just have with you where ever you go. But it only plays the songs that is on there. - Sarah - Age: 11 - From CANADA

I think it is not very cool because it can only play the music they give you. On the other hand, it is better to carry that than a stero! Also it is very portable and private. - Jacob - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

well there are sooo many ear buds and this is probably some corprate copy ~_~ anyway the object itself is nice and new yet there will be very many other companys that will truly perfect this and will mak it better and low the prices after about a month is sales and then there will be something else new the next day s this is mearly the beging of the wireless phone bud tech. - Andrew - Age: 12 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

dude like i like music - Chelsie - Age: 9 - From CANADA

It's ok I don't really like that stuff. - Samantha - Age: 12 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

i thinkhiclips r cool. but i think they should at least play thewhole song .they only do that so they will get more for their money. it would better if they play the whole song - Mm - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

its weard! - Jenni - Age: 8 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

Although it's for boys and I'm a girl I still like it. I want it! - Iris - Age: 8 - From CHINA

I think those are cool I have one and I like it!!! - Kaitlynn - Age: 9 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

It looks like it would be fun and looks interesting !! - Kendall - Age: 7 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

Cood luck! - Sigrit - Age: 14 - From ESTONIA

ITS REALLY GOOD - KHUSHBOO - Age: 13 - From INDIA

it is so cool ok - Kimmy - Age: 11 - From PAKISTAN

The Geek Gadget is so fun. - Arceanas - Age: 9 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

It only plays one min of the music then cuts out. There is only one ear piece. It makes you look like you have a hearing aid in, not that that is a bad thing, no offence to all you guys who have a hearing aid. It only plays three types of music and they are all in low quality. When the battery runs out, that is that and finally They are so OUT! - Lauren - Age: 12 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

well, in my opinion, the geek gadget being shown is kind of , well,not exactly kewl - Michael - Age: 8 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

Man...it seems boring cuz it just play music even if iam a boy..c.d players are better - Cooper - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

its sort of cool. but besides its all out - Jennifer - Age: 10 - From AUSTRALIA

Hit Clips are so KEWL! - Azumi - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think that it is realy cool. I like it so much that it is on my Christmas list. - Sara - Age: 14 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

it is dum - Krystin - Age: 9 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

They are cool, very unique idea. - Cristina - Age: 12 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I DONT REALLY LIKE HIT CLIPS BECAUSE THEY ONLY PLAY THREE CATEGORIES: ROCK,POP,AND RAP. - JON - Age: 13 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

This gadget is not cool because u are limited to only the hit clips that u own. Also some people have smaller/ bigger ears then others so it wont work for them and they also might not like the feel of them in their ears. It would be better if it were a radio with a different ear piece. Besides hitclips are so out! - Isabell - Age: 13 - From CANADA

hello i think it is a great thing. - Kiley - Age: 10 - From FRANCE

i have 1 of those and they r awsome intil it brakes - Raven - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

i think it's dumb i mean if it played the WHOLE song it'd be bettr but it only plays a minute and it stops in the middle of words and lines. - Foxy - Age: 13 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I agree w/ anyone who has said this is the worst gadget ever, and strongly disagree w/ all those people who seem to think it's great. HitClips is a real rip-off thing that plays a minute of a song in the worst, staticy quality ever, and the songs are mostly all bad. I give this gadget two thumbs DOWN! - Hilary - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

i think that this gadget is stupid. it only plays a limited amount of the song (60 seconds) and plays low quality of sound. - Jordan - Age: 13 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think tere okay there stupid because you an't play cd's but cool if you want to listen to the radio. - Zoey - Age: 12 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

This Gadget is not what I cool kewl it stinx !!!I mean people can use walkmans or discmans and theese things actually play the whole song ! - Sarah - Age: 11 - From NEW ZEALAND

i think its awesome,dudes.
- Marissa - Age: 13 - From AFGHANISTAN

no offense but it is stupid - Tyler - Age: 12 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think the geek gadget looks so cool.I wish I could have it! - Stephanie - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

The geek gadget is kool. I would love to have it even know i'm not a geek. - Tiffany - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

This "gadget" sucks, it's not even a gadget at all, it only plays 60 seconds of a song and in low quality, and when the internal battery runs out you are forced to buy another one (unless you take it apart), and there are hardly any good songs. - Zach - Age: 12 - From RUSSIA

IT ROCKS!! - Jony - Age: 7 - From CANADA

It ROCKS - Laura - Age: 9 - From IRELAND

i think it is very good - Tra - Age: 12 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think the ear bud is kewl too. - Amanda - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think that the music machine is kewl becouse normal portable cd players cost a bomb but this is cheap - Jakey - Age: 12 - From UNITED KINGDOM

I think it's great but...... How much does it cost??? it may be kewl but what if it cost 100 pounds or dollers (dollers for USA people)? Then it would have a 2-3 out of 10 for value for money. I voted kewl - Dyllan - Age: 11 - From UNITED KINGDOM

That they are geeky - Jake - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think its a replica if Clip Hits or whatever its called. - Erin - Age: 13 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

it's cool it's smalleven it's cool because it hags on your ear. Well bye:-) - Ixora - Age: 7 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think this gadget is kewl.They are quite popular here in New Brunswick, Canada. My mom won't let me get one though because they are to exspensive. - Jasmine - Age: 10 - From CANADA

cool gadget real cool - Izzy - Age: 10 - From PHILIPPINES

I think the gadget think is really kewl and convenient - Kate - Age: 13 - From UNITED KINGDOM

I think it is really kewl! - Emily - Age: 9 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

the geek gadget is pretty cool.I think it had to have taken alot of creative thinking! - Morgan - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

Its kindof cool - Mandy - Age: 9 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think that it is very creative - Terri - Age: 12 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

It is preety kool.I saw them in stores though and they are expensive and not worth it. - Jasmine - Age: 10 - From CANADA

I think it is really cool and I wish I could have one! - Krishna - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

it is the best - True - Age: 8 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I am not trying to be mean but i really don't like it is just old stuff and it is mostly for boyz. - Michelle - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I THINK IT IS KEWL BECAUSE IT IS EASYIER TO CARRY AROUND AND BECAUSE IT IS POCKETS SIZE SO YOU CAN BRING IT TO SCHOOL!!! - Derek - Age: 13 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think that it is super kewl an companys should make more stuff thats portable!! - Roxi - Age: 12 - From CANADA

I think it is totally KEWL! I wish I had it! It looks real kewl too! - Emily - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think it really good and I love to get 1 of these Gadgets. GO GUYS THIS IS A COOL GADGET - Susan - Age: 10 - From AUSTRALIA

I like it.cool!BUt maybe not.But it's pretty much cool - Jer - Age: 9 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

i dont think it is "kewl" as you call it.i think it is old stuff. - VANESSA - Age: 9 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

IT IS COOL - ARTURO - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

The geek gadgets look cool and nice peace out pepes - Anthony - Age: 14 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I THINK GADGETS RRROOOCCCKKK - Corey - Age: 8 - From UNITED KINGDOM

I bet if I had it I would play with it all day - William - Age: 8 - From CANADA

I THINK IT ROCKS!! - TAYLOR - Age: 13 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I THANK ITS ALSOM - TABBETH - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think it is kewl - Melanie - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

Well,I have one of those and it is really cool!You can listen to it any time you want.And the u get these chip and they play 60 seconds of music and there avalable any where! - Liliana - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

The gadgety is very cool i want it. - Ceara - Age: 9 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

pretty awesome.Not bad.I like it. - Jer - Age: 9 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think that it's pretty cool. - Casi - Age: 13 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think it is prity cool but it is kindof funny. - Madeline - Age: 7 - From CANADA

Home |  Games | Adventure | Chat & Buzz | Make Friends | Shopping | Create | Idea Seekers 

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Legal Stuff | Link to KidsCom | Blog

Media | Advertise | Corporate Sponsors | Youth Research

©1995-2014 Circle 1 Network.

KidsCom Jr. ParentsTalk Root 'n Reward Meet the Ad Bug Meet Kid Be Safe Got Questions? KidsCom news Update or review your registration Tell all your friends Use the site map Make KidsCom your start page