The Ad Bug

Geek Gadgets

Every two weeks, Dumonde and Skeeter pick a new "kewl" tech toy to vote and speak out on. We use only the Kewl stuff you suggest, so vote on this week's kewl item and let us know what you think.

December 17, 2002—January 12, 2003

Casiopea

what it is: Girl Tech Password Keepsafe Box

company:Radica Games

what it does: Keep your things safe by having your voice be the password. So no brothers or parents can get at your valued things.

why is it kewl? Because only your voice can open it.

Check the vote count on this Geek Gadget!

Thanks Connie Age: 11 From: USA for the geek gadget suggestion!

I THINK IT IS AWESOME!HOW COULD I GET ONE OF THOSE? - ARIEL - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

sorry but I dont like it.Theres better things then this thingy w/e it is. - Neda - Age: 12 - From CANADA

It's really cool. girls across the world will just fall in love! as a girl myself, I know
girls have plenty of private stuff! - Taylor - Age: 9 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

Its graet my brother dosen't no my password. - Maja - Age: 8 - From CANADA

I think the geek gadget is cool! I would keep a small pad of paper in it and make it my diary! I don't mind if others copy! - Taylor - Age: 8 - From CANADA

what is the point of the wierd thing - Katie - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

Hey were do you find this radica product it sounds super great! Hey my brothers and sisters cant get at ya stuff! - Shannen - Age: 10 - From UNITED KINGDOM

I THINK IT IS NOT KEWL - Ashley - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

Even though i got the password diary for christmas i still would like to have a secret box also. I think its cool-e-o - KIRA - Age: 12 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think the new geek gadget is very cool becauseI have it and it's the best at pertecting my jewllery - ANDREA - Age: 10 - From CANADA

i like it very much - Tan - Age: 7 - From SINGAPORE

Its Nice so my bro cant find my secrets!!!!! - Sara - Age: 8 - From CANADA

i think that is like TOTALLY cool!!! - BAD - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think that this Geek Gadget is like so cool!I wish I could buy one.What it does is so cool.I wonder how the person who made up this Geek Gadget thought it up? - Shayna - Age: 10 - From AUSTRALIA

it is very kewl - Ari - Age: 7 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

Even though it's for girls it's cool because nobody else who knows the passwords in your house can get in. - Max - Age: 9 - From UNITED KINGDOM

I think its kwel because only your voice can open it. - Amy - Age: 9 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I don't have one of these but I think it would be cool because my brother is always in my room and messing with my stuff.I would also like it because I could put my diary keys in it so my best friends couldn't read my diary. - Shelby - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I THINK ITS COOL AND I WANT IT. - AMANDA - Age: 8 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

Hi! Even thought I don't have one of thease would be cool! My friend has the diary and I can open it because we sound alike ,so I would still have to keep it hidden. - Hayley - Age: 12 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

It is a knewl gadgets because I have a 7 year old sister, a 21 year old brother, a mom, a dad, that want to be noise and in my bussiness, and I don't realy like that. So that's why this gadget is realy a knewl gadget. - Lucero - Age: 12 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

It is cool cause you can try to get stuff that you probaly never thought it would come out. But it did so try to get it and see what happens - Tenisha - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

there cool and smart - Gernisha - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think it's cool but not cool if your voice dosen't sound the same you can't get in my friend had the password journal and her voice didn't sound the same and she couldn't get in. - Chelsey - Age: 12 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think its totlly kewl because of the voice control so its safe. - Crisdelin - Age: 9 - From UNITED KINGDOM

I think it is cool I have but I don't use it that often because I can't remember my password. - Angel - Age: 12 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think it is not cool because there is so much other stuff that opens up from you saying a password li8ke the password journal - Megan - Age: 9 - From CANADA

it is cool and iwant it. - Amanda - Age: 8 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

it's awsome i wast it! - Amanda - Age: 8 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think it is so not fair to the boys who would like have that because it just is not fair to the boys - Catlyn - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think it is cool,because nobody can open it but you. - Melissa - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I actually know that it isn't cool 'cause I have it and it's kinda weird. - Allison - Age: 14 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think its a cool thing for us girls to have!! a lot o fpeople say its not cool, but on the message board,theres like 75% of the people are saying its cool!! - Michelle - Age: 12 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think that the keep sake box is a really good idea.I have the diary and its the best .Nobody knows wat i have in there or what.I would totally get.The only badd part though is that my friend who sounds nothing like my sister can open the diary.Thats y i woulnt get it - Laryssa - Age: 11 - From CANADA

I think geek gadget is stupted and kewl at the same time - Kristina - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think it would de an exelent thing to have. I have too many brothers and sisters so I would be able to actually keep a feww things to myself.Ex:MY WALLET!!! - Emily - Age: 10 - From CANADA

i think it`s way cool where do you get em? - Becky - Age: 12 - From CANADA

I think it rocks! Even though I don't have a little brother if I got it I could keep my special things away form my little newphews! - Kiah - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think this is a really cool toy! It's small and it looks modern, I also like the colour, and yeah, it's pretty cool that you get to choose a password and everything, it's the kinda thing I'd buyfor my eleven year old sister, she'd love that! - Kerry - Age: 14 - From UNITED KINGDOM

i think that the thing RULES, ROCKS, and is SOOOO SUPER KEWL!!! i wish i had one!! - Katie - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

Its really cool because if you need to keep something safe you can but its not so cool
sometimes because I have Password Journal 2 and you have to have your password be the exact same every time - Lauren - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

My friend has one of those and i could get in to hers by saying her password in my voice so i think those thinks are phoney - Gab - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think it's awsome, and I think everyone should have said it was cool. I think the 58% ofe the people that said it was a bad toy was boys. - Taylor - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

i think it is kinda of cool but it is a geek gadget it is for geeks but it is still cool. - Aleah - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

WELL, I THINK IT'S PRETTY COOL. BUT I READ OTHER COMMENTS SO I'M NOT REALLY SURE. BUT IT WOULD BE THE BOMB TO HAVE ONE THAT WOULDN'T LET YOU DOWN AND INVADE YOUR PRIVACY! - Sydney - Age: 8 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

i think the 'Geek Gadget' is really cool because
nobody else has your voice and if u have very nosey people in your house and you can never keep anything secret than this is for u!!!! good idea connie!! - Elizabeth - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

i think the 'Geek Gadget' is really cool because
nobody else has your voice and if u have very nosey people in your house and you can never keep anything secret than this is for u!!!! good idea connie!! - Elizabeth - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

what i think about it is it is cool becauseit will only open when it hears your voice cool int it? - Ben - Age: 8 - From AUSTRALIA

I think its tight!! - Ricky - Age: 8 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I don't because nobody can keep their voice the same. - LeAnne - Age: 9 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

its cool but what does it do ? - Jamie - Age: 11 - From UNITED KINGDOM

I think it is super kewl, my sister can stay out, and I can FINALLY HAVE PRIVACY! - Chelsea - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

TOTALLY COOL, BECAUSE I HAVE A 2 YR.OLD BRO. I NEED 1 REALLY BAD.& HE'S ALWAYS READYV 2 GET IN MY STUFF. GREAT IDEA!!! - CIARA - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

it is tight!!!! - Vikki - Age: 13 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

It's cool acept,when you forget your password - Frankie - Age: 9 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

ITS COOL - STEPHANIE - Age: 14 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think Its the most kewlest thing and if it were real i could keep everyone out of my things. - Sarah - Age: 11 - From SOUTH AFRICA

I think it is pretty cool. But I think they should make one for boys like boy tech. - Jason - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think it is great - Jaeelgirl - Age: 10 - From AUSTRALIA

I think its stupid! - Sarah - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I agree with the majority of the votes. Although companies make a valiant effort to make a hi-tech toy that kids love, it is true that I once had a toy like that and my brother could always get into it with his voice. - Rachel - Age: 12 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

It is so kewl boys are probably the ones who dont like it. - Suzi - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I don't think it's that kewl because you don't need it. It's not nesisary at all. - Christa - Age: 12 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

It is a lie.Anybody's voice can open it. - Brandon - Age: 7 - From ICELAND

IT IS COOL - BRENNA - Age: 12 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

This is too much like last week's toy. So I am giving the same answer as before: It's neat how it works, but it would be better if you could just trust people. Plus, you shouldn't hide things from your parents, because look at all they do for you. Nope, trust is the foundation of all human virtues, and it is way better than an electric toy. - Heather - Age: 11 - From CANADA

I dont really like it. I dont like it because its to girly- girlish. Like who would want something thats like totally girlish? - Jane - Age: 14 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think that it is a great invention, but once when I had a "Password journal" which is basicly the same thing, my brothers always got in it. I think that they could do the same with this! - Molly - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

Its cool but what ifyour voice changes. Then you cant get you stuff inside - Tom - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

i think it's amazing - Jessy - Age: 11 - From UNITED KINGDOM

I think it is a weird sort of thing - Christina - Age: 10 - From CANADA

it is off the hook i want that geek gadget is nice thanks peace out - Cookie - Age: 8 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I THINK it's WAY-COOL!! - Natalie - Age: 12 - From AUSTRALIA

i thank its tight because i can keep all of my private and secret stuff in it. - Chiquita - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

It's ok and you can keep track of your things. But does the sound recognition really work? - Abey - Age: 13 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

i think it is really cool and good for really 6 years and up my and my freinds injoy it. - Jenny - Age: 11 - From IRELAND

It is very cool. - Christopher - Age: 9 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

it's GEEKY! - Nina - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

i think it`s silly - Sharlot - Age: 11 - From SWEDEN

It's cool, but i wish it was from boytech. why can't we males ever keep our things safe? DO WE JUST RISK GETTING OUR THINGS STOLEN???? - Benjamin - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

Y'know what? That thing is really kewl because you can keep really secret stuff in it. And you can only operate it with YOUR voice! But Maybe it's not so kewl. My dad has a cellphone kind of like that, but sometimes it doesn't work because he doesn't say it loud enough. But I dunno. I've never had one of them! - Catrina - Age: 10 - From CANADA

I already have one! It is great! The only problem is I dont know what to put in it! - Jennessa - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

before i said it was heaps kewl but know that i red other ppls comments it is useless What IF your voice changes?? - Zhanna - Age: 11 - From AUSTRALIA

I think its a really good toy thing. it's pretty kewl how only YOUR voice opens it so then your siblings cant find out secrats about ur crush - Zhanna - Age: 11 - From AUSTRALIA

I think this geek gadget must be pretty kewl. but some of the kids said it stunk. I just want to see what one's like - Andrea - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think this gadget is so kewl!I have two sisters and they are always in my stuff. that gadget is like so totally on my christmas list!I hope I get!I so totally need my privacy!I guess 5 'keep out' signs and your own room just isn't enough! - Shaunice - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

That it is very cool and I like it so much that if it where avalable to buy I`d buy one no thirty of them . - Ustinj - Age: 9 - From CANADA

it is very beautiful .and i think that you chould make more - Said - Age: 13 - From LEBANON

I think it's so cool.It's almost like the Password Journal 2! It's definatly on my Christmas list! - Lauren - Age: 9 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I thought it was really awesome! - Elizabeth - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

It's stupid my little brother and my older sister got it open anyway - Ruthie - Age: 12 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

The keepsake box is okay, but after I bought it, it woudn't open because I had to have the exact same tone of voice as before. It was kinda hard to open it that way. - Allison - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think it's a really bad idea. I got a password journal, and I have to use the key that comes with it to open it. U have to keep ur voice exactly the same. It's really annoying. - Hilary - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

OK foer all of you that said it was useless its not girls voices dont change during puberty like guys do. Also for some reason your voice does change their is a little swith where you put in the batteries that will open it for you. So do not say it is usles it you dont have it - Laura - Age: 13 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

My sister has one and i think its broken she would recorc a password and all of us(me and mt othe sister)can open it - Laura - Age: 13 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

Thats not fair because I'am a boy so I wouldn't be able to use it! - Michael - Age: 11 - From CANADA

I thing its very cool - Ckeryl - Age: 13 - From UNITED KINGDOM

I would never buy it! I bought a password 2 journal first it wouldn't respond to my password now it won't shut! - Alex - Age: 9 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

i think its great. i have some nosy people in my family that go through my stuff. i think i would love to actually have one!! - Vivian - Age: 13 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

this is a pretty cool gadget but i bet it is really expensive and i would not pay that much for it because it is useless!!!!! what if your voice changes - Stacey - Age: 10 - From CANADA

I WISH I HAD ONE OR TWO!! - Robin - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

i think its tight because i really do need my own diary because my brother and cousin is noisy - Santrece - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think it is awesome but I have to admit Sopie from Canada was right. - Brittany - Age: 9 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

this thing really rules. - Micke - Age: 12 - From SWEDEN

It's kind of neat how it works, but I think it would be better if we could just trust people. - Heather - Age: 11 - From CANADA

This geek gadget would not work yery well. For sample if you foce changed you could not open the box. Still I think it is a good idea but, needs a little mor thinking. It is kind of Kewl. - Kier - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think it's really cool because my sister often comes in my room and looks at my stuff when I'm not there, so I can put stuff I don't want her to see inside it and she'll never be able to open it. I'd put stuff like my diary or jewelry in there. My sister has been known to steal from me, so I think this toy was a great idea - Stacey - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

Well, I don't think it's cool because I have a passwork jornal(form same compiney) and if you don't have the voise perfect, it won't open. But, if it didn't have a voise cheak, and if it was locked, or had it code to open it, it may be "kewl". - CoolGal - Age: 12 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

Well, It would be kewl to have one of my own and besides your website rocks it's full of fun and exitement and the geek gadget is so totally kewl!!! - Kathrine - Age: 13 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

i think your funky gadget totally rocks and i wish i could 'av 1 - Tiana - Age: 10 - From AUSTRALIA

What if your voice changes when your growing up? You would never be able to open it again. And what if somebody tapes your voice? They can get your valuables. So technically it's useless. - Sopie - Age: 11 - From CANADA

i THINK ITS REALY COOL BECAUSE YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN OPEN IT SO IF YOU HAVE A DIARY WITH ALL YOUR BOYFRIENDS IN THATS WHERE YOU WOULD KEEP IT! - ROSIE - Age: 11 - From IRELAND

i think it is exellent it is the best toy in the world. you should make a competion where people can win it! - Harriet - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

IT IS WONDERFUL. - KOH MIN - Age: 7 - From SINGAPORE

I have that gadget its cool but my sista still invades my privacy. - Nellie - Age: 13 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

that is such a cool gadget - Rae - Age: 11 - From U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS

Your geek gadget is very sweet. I love it soooooo much. I think every one should have it!!!!! (I love kids con soooooo much!!!!) - Nikki - Age: 12 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

It Is SOOOO Coool! - Paige - Age: 9 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

it is cool and it is the coolist of the geek gadgets - Jazmin - Age: 10 - From BRAZIL

I think it is AWESOME!! - Hannah - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I THINK IT WAS COOL - KATIE - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think you could make it more protective. - Lacia - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

Home |  Games | Adventure | Chat & Buzz | Make Friends | Shopping | Create | Idea Seekers 

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Legal Stuff | Link to KidsCom | Blog

Media | Advertise | Corporate Sponsors | Youth Research

©1995-2014 Circle 1 Network.

KidsCom Jr. ParentsTalk Root 'n Reward Meet the Ad Bug Meet Kid Be Safe Got Questions? KidsCom news Update or review your registration Tell all your friends Use the site map Make KidsCom your start page