The Ad Bug

Geek Gadgets

Every two weeks, Dumonde and Skeeter pick a new "kewl" tech toy to vote and speak out on. We use only the Kewl stuff you suggest, so vote on this week's kewl item and let us know what you think.

February 12, 2004—February 29, 2004

Play TV Snowboarder

what it is: PASSWORD JOURNAL

company: Radica

what it does: It's a journal that is password protected. Only the owner can open it with a secret password!

why is it kewl? It uses voice recognition technology to protect your secrets, it has a light so you can write at night, a calendar to keep track of important dates and you can create your own cover design!

Check the vote count on this Geek Gadget!

Thanks Abbie, Age 8 From: UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA) for the geek gadget suggestion!

I dont think this thing would be cool because some other people might have the same voice as you and you might have to say your password many many many many many many times before it could let you in it. - Sarah - Age: 12 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think it is so cool! Please keep it up no matter if some people don't even like it. Oh well just don't let them keep u down! I can't wait 2 c what next week is! - Alex - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

Kewl! - Kitiara - Age: 9 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

the password journal is cool. But sometimes other people can get in! - Tara - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think GEEK gadget is cool luv ya bye - Kaya - Age: 13 - From CANADA

i had one and it broke dont buy it its a waste of cash - Camila - Age: 4 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think its kind of cool having a Geek Gadget for Children. - Candice - Age: 13 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

Dont buy this . i did it let everyone in and sometimes not even me. there are hardly any pages tooo - Candace - Age: 13 - From CANADA

This toy is kewl - Homey - Age: 7 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I thik it is very cool. - Jarion - Age: 11 - From GEORGIA

I like it a Little the only thing i dont like about it is that u have to use your voice. - Tyris - Age: 12 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I dont like it at all.It is very cool at all. - Anthony - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

Something I would say is cool gadget - Nicole - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

OMG!!! I totally need that to protect myself from my little sister!!! She reads ALL my diaries. >_<" - Sarah - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

This is a great gadget! I was about to get one myself. It is awesome because you can put your own pictures and personolize it because the front is clear. The only bad thing is is that sometimes it dosn't open to your vioce, it's hard to sound the same every time you speak though! - Lauren - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

Oh I love those, put me for yes. - Ashley - Age: 8 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

hey whats up buddy this program is totally awesome - Jaron - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

totally NOT cool. my friend bought one and said that the only way you can get into it is if you say it the EXACT SAME WAY every single time.
i just use a journal..i don't need something else that costs more money - Skye - Age: 13 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think it is a rip off. You are spending so much money on a little toy that will only last for about a week or so. - Dude - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

The password journal looks extremely cool. I want one to put my secrets in. I need a gadget to keep my brother out of my business. - Marrissa - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

i think it is really cool i go on it alll the time - Kelly - Age: 11 - From UNITED KINGDOM

cool - Angela - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think is a good way to keep your secrets, but also it is bad because if you forgett your pass word then it will be hard to get a new one or figure the old one out, because i have this geek gadget! - Tammy - Age: 12 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I really want one it's so awsome! - Betty - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

i think its kool. - Destiny - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

it stinks because it is over protected!! - Sandra - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

i think it is cool i love your site - Megan - Age: 11 - From UNITED KINGDOM

HELLO I THINK IT IS COOL - Dino - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

the geek gadjet is a awsome toy i even have one for my self - Anna - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

mmmmm... it's okay... but what happened to the key??! - Heather - Age: 13 - From CANADA

I cant get into mine bcuz it haas a sucky id system! If Radica gave this a better system, it would be beter. - Alex - Age: 11 - From CANADA

my sisters 12 and got one and i carnt get in it i think she writs about me. - Rikki - Age: 4 - From UNITED KINGDOM

its cool - Amanda - Age: 12 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

i dont like it because i had one and it didnt work with the password unless i said the exact voice tone witch is kinda hard - Amanda - Age: 12 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

The voice activated lock on this diary is so cool. I really think tou should be able 2 use it as a laptop and type in your entries lol, even though it isn't funny. It is sooooo cool though it rulz epeciallay coz my sister cant read it. - Rianna - Age: 11 - From AUSTRALIA

its really cool thanks for having it on your site - Cammie - Age: 12 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

i really like the geek gadgets
- Jordan - Age: 12 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I thought it was pretty cool. I liked the idea of it. Though I did discover that you can just pull it open. That defeated the purpose of a password journal. The cool part is me and my friend wanted to share it so we matched are voices with a certain word and now both of us can get in to it. - Sarah - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

its wicked and cool i would love 2 have 1
- Chloe - Age: 12 - From UNITED KINGDOM

I think it is so cool, and l wish that l had one.
- Tiahne - Age: 12 - From AUSTRALIA

Awesome!I would love one! - Jer - Age: 9 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

i think it is cool I have one at my house only it broke but it is really cool., - Kaitlyn - Age: 12 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I don't think it is cool because.. well, it is for a girl.... and I am a boy.
- Kyle - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think the geek gadget is self explanitory:GEEKY!
I dont know anyone who would buy. - Laura - Age: 12 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

i like the geek gadget? - Kate - Age: 17 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I have one it's so cool. but the thing is you can't try and use up all the paper at once like I did.I had to rip up some copying paper in order to write. - Casi - Age: 13 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

its cool because you can go anywhere with it and i like snowboarding games. - Mustafa - Age: 9 - From CANADA

Hi, well I think it is really interesting that you can protect your diary with a password, and it has light and all that stuff. I can agree that at first it is really fun to write in it because it has all those kinds of as you call it “kewl” things. But for me, it would be much nicer to write in normal diary… Besides, I think it is really bad for your eyes to write in the dark, even if it has some light in it. - Ksenia - Age: 11 - From SWEDEN

I've got one and it's really cool. It's plastic though and probably breaks easily. I got mine for xmas - Rachel - Age: 10 - From UNITED KINGDOM

Home |  Games | Adventure | Chat & Buzz | Make Friends | Shopping | Create | Idea Seekers 

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Legal Stuff | Link to KidsCom | Blog

Media | Advertise | Corporate Sponsors | Youth Research

©1995-2014 Circle 1 Network.

KidsCom Jr. ParentsTalk Root 'n Reward Meet the Ad Bug Meet Kid Be Safe Got Questions? KidsCom news Update or review your registration Tell all your friends Use the site map Make KidsCom your start page