The Ad Bug

Geek Gadgets

Every two weeks, Dumonde and Skeeter pick a new "kewl" tech toy to vote and speak out on. We use only the Kewl stuff you suggest, so vote on this week's kewl item and let us know what you think.

March 1, 2004—March 15, 2004

Video Now

what it is: Video Now

company: Hasbro

what it does: It's a portable personal video player -- just for kids!

why is it kewl? It's instant, on-the-go entertainment. There are no wires to hook up and nothing to download or install. All you do is pop in a disc and watch your favorite shows in black and white.

Check the vote count on this Geek Gadget!

Thanks Melanie, Age 11 From: UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA) for the geek gadget suggestion!

i think it is a cool gadget for kids. i even have one they are so cool you get to watch a flick on a little pordible t.v. - Katelyn - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

One of my friends has one of those things and she said that the picture is all scratchy & fuzzy and you can't see a thing! I saw one, and they aren't as cool as they look the screen is about two cm wide and long! Not so kewl to me it's really dumb don't get it! - Emeka - Age: 13 - From BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA

the geek gasget is really geeky i would name the #1 geek toy of the year. - Chandell - Age: 12 - From CANADA

I think you need to put it in color if you want more money but it probbably won't get any money but try it - Roland - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I personally think video now, even though portab;le, is worthless. It is black and white, the screen in tiny, and there are not many choices for what to watch. Even though the idea is cool, the owrld is just not readyt for video now. - Ari - Age: 9 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

it's kinda cool, but why in black and white? it's not that I hate the gadget, au contraire! I love it. this is the new way to sneakly watch films while your parents think your doing homework, but how r we supposed to watch harry potter on these? - Farida - Age: 12 - From EGYPT

It is cool but they should give free videos with it. That would be awesome! - Neethi - Age: 9 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

its really cool
- Kim - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

pretty cool - Makenzie - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

i think this weeks geek gadget is cool! because you can watch tv in your car! you could also bring it with you to recess! KEWL! - Ashton - Age: 9 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

it is cool very cool. - DANIEL - Age: 17 - From AUSTRALIA

totalyyyyyyyyyyy cool - Joy - Age: 8 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think it's brilliant. It looks quite small so you can take it anywhere! - Erin - Age: 10 - From UNITED KINGDOM

It's so way awesome dude!!! - Nick - Age: 7 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

i think it is kool - Jenna - Age: 13 - From AUSTRALIA

The bad thing about the Video Now is that it is in black & white not color - Emily - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

Man! I have always wanted a video now!!! But I dont like the fact that it only shows the dvds in black & white. Thats truly stinks! - Toshiko - Age: 12 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think it is awesome - Lynn - Age: 12 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think the video now is ok, but u have to watch shows that are old reruns on disks over again and you can't change the channel without taking out the disc and it's in black and white. If video nows were in color that would be way cooler( not saying they aren't cool not saying they are cool). - Camisia - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I wish it wasn't in black and white. - Sarah - Age: 8 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

i THINK I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE ONE.WERE DO WE GET THEM? - Jennifer - Age: 11 - From CANADA

Is so cool! I wish Ihad one - Paula - Age: 8 - From CANADA

well i think its cool because i got one. - Rod - Age: 8 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

i rekon its kewl but its in black and white - Tiz - Age: 11 - From AUSTRALIA

I so think it is kewl! I have wanted one forever, too! I wish I had one so I could watch Spongebob anywhere and anytime! - Melanie - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

Its cool - Mohamed - Age: 13 - From EGYPT

I think it's neat I wish I had it. - Kimia - Age: 9 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I wanted to get one of those for Christmas, So I think they're Cool. I give it a 10 on a scale of 1-10. - T.J - Age: 12 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I really think there cool geek gadgets. - Ashley - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I TINKE IT GOOD - Ahmed - Age: 14 - From EGYPT

Sure, it sounds cool, but the thing's in black and white. And the options for what to watch on it are extremely limited. Fine for people who like the choices for the discs and don't mind black and white, go ahead and buy it if you are one of these people, but otherwise I have no interest in the thing. - Ellie - Age: 12 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

YES!! I've totally wanted 1 forever!! - Heather - Age: 13 - From CANADA

I think it is kinda cool - Tyris - Age: 12 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

Home |  Games | Adventure | Chat & Buzz | Make Friends | Shopping | Create | Idea Seekers 

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Legal Stuff | Link to KidsCom | Blog

Media | Advertise | Corporate Sponsors | Youth Research

©1995-2014 Circle 1 Network.

KidsCom Jr. ParentsTalk Root 'n Reward Meet the Ad Bug Meet Kid Be Safe Got Questions? KidsCom news Update or review your registration Tell all your friends Use the site map Make KidsCom your start page