The Ad Bug

Geek Gadgets

Every two weeks, Dumonde and Skeeter pick a new cool tech toy to vote and speak out on. We use only the Cool stuff you suggest, so vote on this week's kewl item and let us know what you think.

January 8 - March 15, 2007

Lazer Tripwire

what it is: Password Journal

company: Radica Games

what it does: The Password Journal keeps your secrets safe with an automatically locking alarm that only opens when you say a private password.

why is it cool? The Password Journal is cool because you can write secrets without having to worry about someone knowing your private stuff!

Check the vote count on this Geek Gadget!

Thanks Kimberly, age 13 from USA for the geek gadget suggestion.

Nothing to change. To me it is so cool! I think it is better than a boring old diary. - Aina - Age: 12 - From MALAYSIA

I love the gaget! theres nothing wrong i love it. - Brian - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

Nothing really I actually like it the way it is. Because me and my cousine play spies every time she comes over, and we'll use any gagets we can get our hands on. And plus i have a lot of secrets. But my brother always gets into them. - Logan - Age: 10 - From MEXICO

I like my Diary because when you put a bracelet near it it will open. so nobody could open it. - Camille - Age: 11 - From CANADA

its so cool.i think i love it - Louise - Age: 7 - From UNITED KINGDOM

I would change nothing - Nicole - Age: 12 - From CAMBODIA

i think this is so cool. - Pip - Age: 10 - From UNITED KINGDOM

I think that it is a very complex contraption it is really helping the youth and, I also thnik that it helping by kepping our secrets - Ashley - Age: 11 - From CANADA

they are cool - Spence - Age: 8 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

Hey guys!!! I love ur new geek gadgets. It's awesome. - Ronysha - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

Its Cool because sometimes you have siblins that are nosy. Sometimes if you have a secret about someone you like they will spread it all over your life. It will get the better side the nice side of your life. The things I would change are that they could be color and the shape of it. - Shirley - Age: 9 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think that there should be an alarm when somebody tries to open the journal. The think I like most about it is only I can open it. - Rorrie - Age: 12 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I hate this geek gadget! It is so exspenseve and exzacly why waste your money on one? My grandma gave me one and I took it back because my friends brother and 11 year old sister opened hers and read all of her secrets. - Morgan - Age: 9 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think that it rules! - Haley - Age: 9 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think it is so cool becaus it is voice activated - Syerrah - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I would defenetly change its color and voice! - Morgan - Age: 9 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

i wouldnt change anything - Rich - Age: 14 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I don't like it at all you can't do nothing with in it just sits there I vote not kewl - Katy - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

it is cool - Lola - Age: 9 - From CANADA

that is cool i have or had one of those it kept all my secerts safe with me - Hayley - Age: 9 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think it's really cool, but I think the womans voice is unusual - Misha - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

that gadget is way not cool. I mean who would want that kind of gadget! - Abby - Age: 9 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I don't like it one bit! I have seen it and that thing is a rip off! - Miley - Age: 4 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

i think it is awesome beacause your little sister or brother will not ruin your life by telling the whole world your secrets. like my old diary.
The best thing is you can do what ever you want with it.
Now i have 1 and it has a perfect little secret compartment. - Brittany - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

That gadget is awsome! i would love to have one! the thing i would change is if some one like your little brother got a hold of it and tried to get in, then it would have a little video camera and you could catch them in the act! - ShelbyJane - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

i think its cool because if you have a brother or sister then you dont have to worry about them looking in in your private stuff plus they dont know your password! - Brianna - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

i would make it voice activated - Amy - Age: 10 - From UNITED KINGDOM

I think its cool because your family wont be able to read it.
- Sarah - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I would like it if it was a different color. And I want it to be smaller. - Taylor - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

you should add some lazer beems to it. or make it so you could make it invisible - Serenity - Age: 9 - From CANADA

I have that and i like it. I think it's cool. More people should buy those because they won't have to worry about keeping a key, and all you have to do is say the password and it will open it's self. - Ashley - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

it is so not cool cause my friend kimber has one and all you have to do to open it is to just open it like any other journal.The one thing i would change about it is that it should have more sercurity and the color is so not cool and it should be alot smaller i mean alot. - Mary - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

its very cool - Raven - Age: 9 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

if i could cange somehting about the gadget i would change the way it looks. - Shena - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

i think its cool because nobody will know my secrets. - Kevin - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I would change the color. - Neil - Age: 6 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I have a password journal, it's great. - Dani - Age: 9 - From UNITED KINGDOM

I think it is cool because you can tell your secrects without anyone else knowing and if i could change it i would make interchangeable plates to go on the front of it - Leighia - Age: 12 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I like it because you don't have to worry about anyone knowing your privicy. - Olivia - Age: 7 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

i think it looks like a candy - Austin - Age: 12 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

totaly awsome - Cheyenne - Age: 15 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

i know this is cool because my best friend has one but there is one problem it is tiny and have very little time to call the password into the jornal but still is so cool - Chloe - Age: 10 - From UNITED KINGDOM

I have one. The music gets anoying. I like to keep stuff in the secret part of it. but the password doesnt work. - Paige - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

awesome but what if your voice cant talk loud and it doesn't sound like your voice then thats gonna be a problem - Brandon - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

the password journal is a cool gadget as you have probally found. it is quality that it keeps your secrets safe and sound! - Reiah - Age: 12 - From UNITED KINGDOM

This invention is cool! I have one! - Nicole - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

If I had to change anything it would be the voicelock, I'd change it to a key lock. - Tanner - Age: 9 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

its very cool. - Kaylee - Age: 13 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

it is very cool but i would change the music because it gets on your nerves - Kirsty - Age: 16 - From UNITED KINGDOM

I don't really like it because it's kind of a girl thing and i'm a boy! - Alex - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

they are good at holding secrets but people boys and girls can get into my one and my friend has the same problem so i think they should have better security! - Lori - Age: 11 - From AUSTRALIA

I think its kinda kool because it keeps all your passwords secret. - Wulf - Age: 12 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

it is not cool dude - Rico - Age: 7 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

Probaly the fact it locks automatically. Make it if you forgot what your password is there can still be a key. - Hayley - Age: 9 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

If i could change anything about it i would not really change it but for the older kids i add in a phone so you could talk to your friends in a diary! - Autumn - Age: 12 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I own a password journal and trust me it is great. My little sister tried to get in and all we can here is an alarm. I would make it like a nintendo ds and to wirte you would use a stylus pen! - Alannah - Age: 10 - From AUSTRALIA

it is pretty cool but you should not have to say it out loud because what if someone hears you? it should have a keybord on the front for you to type your password. - Arianna - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

well i think it is cool if i had to changed something it would be the gadget cause it is not cool,i like the geek gadget cause it is cool just a little bit thats all - Lisa - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

The thing I like best about the geek gadget is that it is voice protected and only you can get into it. That means your secrets are safe from prying eyes. But there is only one thing wrong about it. I have a Password Journal and I want to carry it around with me on school trips to record notes along the way, but it is to big to carry everywhere. I think it should be half its size. - Nikki - Age: 13 - From AUSTRALIA

I love the geek gadget! Ihave one! - Lizzie - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think it is cool - Nikki - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

i like because it keeps your stuff safe from anyone and i could change somthing it would be the colour of it, to blue or lime green. - John - Age: 13 - From CANADA

i have password journal but the battery leaked but when i had it it was quite cool because like their was a light and a journal and well its just quite cool - Alexa - Age: 8 - From UNITED KINGDOM

i got one of those i dont like them because my brother got into mine and makes fun of me for what i said in it - Maggie - Age: 12 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

it's like totally old man it was made like a long time ago i've own one since like i don't know when - Winifred - Age: 13 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

it is a very good thing because if i got this i will not tell any thing to my mom because she knows all my password - Ayushi - Age: 11 - From INDIA

it is cool - Brittney - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

i love it all - Odeja - Age: 10 - From NORTHERN MARIANA ISLANDS

it's cool - Nagma - Age: 14 - From UNITED KINGDOM

i like it beacause it is fun - Chloe - Age: 9 - From UNITED KINGDOM

it's cool - Brandon - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

i would like to change nothing all of the stuff is good i like password journals you get to put your private stuff in it and all other stuff - Tullia - Age: 10 - From AUSTRALIA

I think that it's a cool gadget but I'd rather have the old fashion key and lock because if you say the password too loud someone can hear it and if you say it to low the journal will confuse voices and you might forget the password. - Britt - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

its fun - Alvin - Age: 9 - From LAOS

That is so awesome! - Haleigh - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I am not sure what I would change and I mostly like everything about it - Shahaunna - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I dont like this geek gadget. I got one and it is hard to work. I would make it easier to work! - Maree - Age: 10 - From AUSTRALIA

its cool i guess - Joslynn - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

i love geek gadjets there cool well i think well see you later - Drewla - Age: 9 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

Well I like geeks. I am a cheerleader. - Sommer - Age: 16 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think it is good and i wouldnt change a thing - Kara - Age: 9 - From AUSTRALIA

I think it is cool to be able to have a secret journal to write in. I hope my little brother wouldn't be able to fake my voice and get it open! - JoJo - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

Home |  Games | Adventure | Chat & Buzz | Make Friends | Shopping | Create | Idea Seekers 

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Legal Stuff | Link to KidsCom | Blog

Media | Advertise | Corporate Sponsors | Youth Research

©1995-2014 Circle 1 Network.

KidsCom Jr. ParentsTalk Root 'n Reward Meet the Ad Bug Meet Kid Be Safe Got Questions? KidsCom news Update or review your registration Tell all your friends Use the site map Make KidsCom your start page