The Ad Bug

Geek Gadgets

Every two weeks, Dumonde and Skeeter pick a new "kewl" tech toy to vote and speak out on. We use only the Kewl stuff you suggest, so vote on this week's kewl item and let us know what you think.

This Geek Gadget was from March 20, 2001––April 3, 2001

what it is:PlayStation 2

company: Sony

what it does:Itís an awesome new home gaming console that lets you play the new PlayStation 2 games and the original PlayStation games.

why is it kewl?:The games look 3-D and are a blast to play. You can even listen to music CDs and watch DVD movies!

Check the vote count on this Geek Gadget!

Thanks Mark Age: 13 (USA) for the geek gadget suggestion!

PLAYSTATION2 is definetely the BEST!!!!!!! - Sabeen - Age: 13 - From PAKISTAN

I think the Play Station 2 is really cool. A lot of the 10 and 11 year olds that send in messages about it sound like they're trying to be all that. That's not cool. Like, one girl kept useing the word PHAT and she was only 11 years old. And there were some ten year olds that sounded like they thought they were experts on the whole concept of the Play Station 2 when I bet they don't even own one. Sorry, little kids. Get a grip on your attitudes and stop trying to be cool, ALYSSA AND DANELLE AND AYAALA! I like the PS2. - Melissa - Age: 12 - From USA

i have never played one but i reckon they are pretty cool.i have a playstation 1. - Sarah - Age: 9 - From AUSTRALIA

I think that the playstation two is very cool i have one i would have to rate this a infinady rate. - Gidget - Age: 16 - From GERMANY

hey wassup up in here??? I'm glad that I write this 2 ur guyz and I hope ur guyz make a movie so that we all watch it. will I gotta go 4 now not 2 say this but ur guyz shoulds make a cool game 4 big kidz. - Shorty - Age: 13 - From PHILIPPINES

I LOVE TO GO ON KIDSCOM! - Darlene - Age: 11 - From USA

I think it is so cool!!! All of my other friends think so too. It's my all time favriote. - Alyssa - Age: 12 - From USA

I rather just keep nintindo. But they are pretty kool! - Pastagal - Age: 10 - From USA

Man This Thing Rocks It has awsome Grapics and everything. I wish I had it!! The only bad thing about it is that the lowest you can Get it for is 200 bucks! - Ash - Age: 14 - From USA

Hey i think its really cool this is my first time on the geek gadget so i think its very cool. - Alicia - Age: 13 - From USA

I think geek gadget is a cool because we are(the kids)answering them with our best opinouin and then we get to see what other kids .i think u should not take it off ever. - Victoria - Age: 11 - From USA

I totolly think that this geek gadget is really geekyI personally prefer Nintendo 64. Now that is kewl! I especially love Banjo Kazooee. - Leah - Age: 10 - From USA

It's alright! just make it better. - Bridget - Age: 11 - From AUSTRALIA

No wonder they call it a geek gadget. Talk about geeky. - Danelle - Age: 10 - From USA

The PS2 is P.H.A.T but i really like the orginal one better because the one that my bro has is hand-held and is P.H.A.T too but way way better than the PS2.so i give the PS2 an Ok. - Alayya - Age: 11 - From USA

I think that playstation isn't cool first of all it costs to much second of all I have a c.d player plus DVD player so whats the point and third of all I have enough gadgets

I DON'Y WANT ONE AT ALL - Stephanie - Age: 10 - From CANADA

I don't like it a bit . I am from India and there are many types of toys and they are much better . - Nikhita - Age: 10 - From INDIA

I THINK THE PLAYSTAION2 IS NEATER THAN PLAYSTAION1.BECAUSE IT'S BIGGER AND BETTER. - STEPHANIE - Age: 11 - From USA

Its kewl I wish I had it. - Chel - Age: 11 - From USA

Cool i never knew that the playStation 2 does tree things i'ts kewl. - Christina - Age: 10 - From CANADA

I think it is the most uncoolest thing ever in wole state and universe it is also the stupedest thing ever in the world and that is trur but my friend likes it but I don't it is stuped bye PEACE OUT DUDE - Cristena - Age: 12 - From USA

Its expesive piece of junk - Bob - Age: 9 - From BELGIUM

I certainly think that this week's geek gadget is one of the best. I like it very much and keep it quite safely. I hope you agree with me. Bye! - Nikhita - Age: 10 - From INDIA

it is the most uncoolest thing possible. - Sush - Age: 8 - From USA

They shouldn't even call it a "Geek" Gadget my cousins have one and its really KEWL!!!! - Nathan - Age: 10 - From CANADA

I think that they're really kewl! It is an awesome knew way of talking with your friends. I would really like one myself one day!!! - Jandi - Age: 12 - From USA

Part of me says "Its not cool and they should take it off the market." The other part of me says "It rocks and they should make more." - Ross - Age: 11 - From USA

I think it is a fad,it will soon go away.That is what I say.
- Megan - Age: 11 - From USA

I think that video games are very childish but with this i can lesten to my C.D.s and i'll give it 2 thumbs up! :-P -8
~amanda - Amanda - Age: 13 - From USA

kewllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!! - Charlotte - Age: 9 - From UNITED KINGDOM

well its really nice and too cool but, it costs about 14'000 in pakistan. otherwise i would love to buy it and it really is kewl
thanks. - Sana - Age: 10 - From PAKISTAN

it is cool and grate - Michael - Age: 6 - From NEW ZEALAND

THEY ARE SO LIKE COOL.THEY ARE NEAT GEEKS. - EDEN - Age: 10 - From USA

I DON'T LIKE IT!! - CRYSTAL - Age: 11 - From USA

it was very nice. - Jeremy - Age: 6 - From CANADA

i wish i had one its kewl. - Casey - Age: 10 - From USA

I want one,but they cost a thousand bucks here. 900 if its on special. - Kat - Age: 13 - From NEW ZEALAND

i think that it is cool about the gaget. - Kayla - Age: 8 - From USA

IT"S A WASTE OF MONEY!!!!!! - Jake - Age: 11 - From USA

i'll say it's creative but i wouldn't really want to have it in my house. - Alisha - Age: 8 - From USA

The PS2 is a cool system but PS2s are (at least where i live) still real expensive. maybe when the price drops i'd get one. - Corey - Age: 10 - From USA

Stuff From A Geek: This system, or game console, is as powerful as PSX a.k.a. PS1 a.k.a. Playstation 1, plus ABOUT 3/4 of the PS1's power. It can link to the Internet, so you can play other people on-line over the 'net, just like the dreamcast console. It shows objects in more 3Dness, the pictures are less 'blocky', it has a faster cd-rom, with DVD capabilities. Over all, I give it a 7, because CDs scratch easily. - Will - Age: 11 - From USA

i think it is awsome beacause i have one myself. - Krysta - Age: 12 - From CANADA

COOL.My friend has it and it has awsome graphics. - Michael - Age: 10 - From USA

It stinks - Michelle - Age: 9 - From NEW ZEALAND

It's hard deciding... but I think that, well, overall, since it should be about the games I think that it's NOT kewl. I mean its just like PS one exept that it plays DVDs and CDs. - Ben - Age: 10 - From USA

I like the playstation I don't know why so many people don't. - Silver - Age: 11 - From ZIMBABWE

I think it is WAY COOL!It has awesome graphics and I like that you could listen to cool CD's and play DVD's. - BSB_Luvah - Age: 10 - From CANADA

I THINK IT STINKS ITS THE SAME THING AS A PLAYSTATION EXCEPT IT PLAYS DVDS SO WHAT! - Dominique - Age: 11 - From USA

The playstation 2 is the best.My brother was saving up for it for ever.He finally got it and he plays it every day.We've got heaps of games.Probably my favourite is Theme Park World. - Melanie - Age: 11 - From AUSTRALIA

I have it and I love it! The graphics are great. If you have it is suggest you get Madden 2001 Football, it has the best graphics and it is very realistic. - Michael - Age: 10 - From USA

Now people think here.They have way to many thing's like that. Now make something that is not so hie and everyone likes. Dont you think so? - Ashley - Age: 9 - From USA

STINKS! - Barny - Age: 11 - From HUNGARY

hahahah sei la - Bruna - Age: 15 - From BRAZIL

I like them...BUT I think they teach kid's to use violence and that you alway's have ot play inside with this and never have to go outside and play with you're friend's! But I like some part's about
it! - Kari - Age: 10 - From USA

I can't wait to get one! - Justin - Age: 9 - From USA

Home |  Games | Adventure | Chat & Buzz | Make Friends | Shopping | Create | Idea Seekers 

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Legal Stuff | Link to KidsCom | Blog

Media | Advertise | Corporate Sponsors | Youth Research

©1995-2014 Circle 1 Network.

KidsCom Jr. ParentsTalk Root 'n Reward Meet the Ad Bug Meet Kid Be Safe Got Questions? KidsCom news Update or review your registration Tell all your friends Use the site map Make KidsCom your start page