The Ad Bug

Geek Gadgets

Every two weeks, Dumonde and Skeeter pick a new "kewl" tech toy to vote and speak out on. We use only the Kewl stuff you suggest, so vote on this week's kewl item and let us know what you think.

This Geek Gadget was from April 3, 2001––April 30, 2001

what it is:Nick Click Camera

company: Mattel

what it does:An easy to use digital camera for kids that comes with its own CD-ROM to help you create your own designs and projects!

why is it kewl?:Itís a digital camera that comes with cool software. By using the CD-ROM you can transform your pictures into 3D animated characters that can be then used in different video games!

Check the vote count on this Geek Gadget!

Thanks Henry Age: 10 (Australia) for the geek gadget suggestion!

So kewl! I wish i had one. i WILL put it on my wish list.So kewl guys. - Ashley - Age: 11 - From USA

I think that this gadget is kewl but i am not a geek!!! - Ailsa - Age: 14 - From UNITED KINGDOM

I will allways go to kidscom because it's cool - Andrea - Age: 9 - From USA

I think that it might be interesting when you are younger but when you are about 9or10 it is not that interesting. - Karlee - Age: 10 - From USA

ITS VERY BRIGHT BUT ITS KEWL. - LAUREN - Age: 10 - From UNITED KINGDOM

I DON'T THINK IT'S KEWL!!!!!!!!![: - Libby - Age: 10 - From USA

This would be a great tool for student to use for school reports. - Charles - Age: 16 - From CANADA

ITS ALL KEWL BUT I AM NOT A GEEK LOLOL KEEP"EM COMIN.
- Jamie-Lee - Age: 11 - From CANADA

I think its not the coolist toy. everyone liks cds now! - Brittany - Age: 11 - From USA

I think it's worth it:-D - Maheisha - Age: 10 - From CANADA

I think they are gooood to have!They are really fun! I have one! - Emily - Age: 8 - From USA

I think they are a good thing to have - Emily - Age: 8 - From USA

YO PEEPS!THIS GEEK GADGET IS SO WICKED!MY FRIEND HAS 1 AND IT SURE IS KEWL!PEACE! - BSB_Luvah - Age: 10 - From CANADA

I think its pretty cool. - Jamie - Age: 11 - From USA

I think the geek gadget is cool!pr becuse i'm into software programs and computer programs.
- Misty - Age: 9 - From USA

You are sooooo kool.i'm like you but i don't wear glasses!you are sooooo groovey!
bye,bye.

from hannah!
- Hannah - Age: 10 - From AUSTRALIA

I LIKE IT BEACUSE IT'S MY FAVIOUTE COULOR BLUE. DO YOU THINK IT IS A COOL I DEAR? I DO - KIMBERLEY - Age: 12 - From NEW ZEALAND

i think it is good because if people have a computer then they can use it properly. and maybe they dont have a computer so then they cant use it properly and print it out - Craig - Age: 12 - From UNITED KINGDOM

I have one of those!It's VERY kewl I think!I don't care what other people say! - Brooke - Age: 11 - From USA

I think it's one of the best things ever made. - Danielle - Age: 8 - From USA

the geek gadget is the collest thing i have ever seen. - Tarrell - Age: 10 - From USA

I THINK ITS REAL FUNKY AND NEAT BUT IT MIGHT HELP IF YOU MAKE IT MORE REALISTIC. BUT YOUR INVENTION IS EXTRA SUPER COOL. I LOVE IT BUT MAKE IT MORE REALISTIC PLEASE. OR WELL AT LEAST TRY TOO FOR ME PLEASE. - KRISTIN - Age: 11 - From CANADA

I think it is soooooooooo cool. I wish I had one. Way to go thinker. - Moyatat - Age: 9 - From USA

The design is cartoon-like. Makes me want to play, be creative, and have fun. Almost like being a kid? - Kalani - Age: 8 - From USA

I think it is really cool. You can do stuff with it. I am planning to get a digital camera with my birthday money. I have a Nick-O-Matic CD rom from Mattel so I guess I can do sort of the same things with it. - Sharice - Age: 10 - From USA

I think it is a bit to lady like but i guess if you ar e just using it to take photographs, what does it matter? - Deavon - Age: 11 - From IRELAND

it kinda cool!!!!!!!!! - Brittney - Age: 13 - From USA

I never saw one before,but sence I saw all does comments about the geek gadget I really think that its cool because I'm one of the one's that likes alot of diffrent kind of wackky toys.Well things that are fun. - Ashley - Age: 9 - From USA

I think it's good and not good why? it's good because it take alot of pictures and it's not good because, it kidish and barie. - Lisa - Age: 11 - From CANADA

WELL I THINK A COOL CAMARA IS A LOT OF FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!DO YOU????????? - KIMBERLEY - Age: 11 - From NEW ZEALAND

I think it looks reeal girly. I hate it loads! - Lisa - Age: 15 - From UNITED KINGDOM

I THINK IT IS SO COOL. - SABRINA - Age: 11 - From CANADA

I THINK THE GEEK GADGET IS SO COOL I DONT KNOW WHY ITS CALLED GEEK GADGET BECAUSE IT IS SO NOT GEEKY IM NOT TO KEEN ON THE COLOUR THOUGH. - Gemma - Age: 11 - From BAHAMAS

It looks soooooooooo cool! It has the color I like. - Julia - Age: 10 - From USA

I think it is a so-so idea. It is kind of like a Barbie thing, but it is also kind of "kewl". I think that it has a 50-50 chance of surviving, for it is not all that "kewl". Well, got to run! It's tea time! - Anna - Age: 14 - From UNITED KINGDOM

I think it's great because the pictures come out nicelly. it isn't just a geek gadet it's very cool. - Rozette - Age: 12 - From SOUTH AFRICA

I think it is cool but I don't care for the little mouse on the front. I know it represents the brand and all but couldn't the makers put it somewhere else. - Lauren - Age: 10 - From USA

Well i think it is a really really cool idea. - Kimberley - Age: 11 - From NEW ZEALAND

I don't really like it, because it does look a bit like barbie. If i were to get a digital camera, it wouldnt look like that! That's for Sure! - Sarah - Age: 12 - From CANADA

i don't like it!!! it's design! it's sooooo girly and barbie like! older kids won't use it and neither will boys! it's design just totally makes it look bad!!!! - Hannah - Age: 10 - From USA

I think it is, like,just sooo geeky,like me!!! - Lia - Age: 11 - From CANADA

Its so cool i lov it i got one. - Mimi - Age: 16 - From BARBADOS

it is so cool. - Kayla - Age: 7 - From CANADA

I think the Geek Gadget is pretty kewl!! but why is it called the geek gadget if 71% voted that it's kewl? - Laura - Age: 12 - From CANADA

COOL. - Christina - Age: 9 - From USA

I think it is very kewl and I would absoulutley love to own one! i think you are doing a grrrrr8 job!! i wanna shout out to all my buddys HEY! - Lauren - Age: 13 - From USA

it is so dumb.
- Sush - Age: 8 - From USA

ummmmm, good work - Amanda - Age: 14 - From USA

I think that geek gadgets rock! I can't wait till I surf on my compter after school on GEEK GADGETS and find all the NEAT STUFF about GEEK GADGETS! - Sabrina - Age: 11 - From USA

I think this is so dumb why make up this whole thing anyway if you know it's gonna be bad? oh i know why ha!!! Even my sisters dog wouldn't want to go neer it! - Yujin - Age: 9 - From USA

First of all, the whole idea is so badly original. Most computer programs already have the advantage to distort pictures. The design is childish. Somehow, it prevents older kids from using it because of its color, design. I certainly wouldn't want to use it. little kids might be attracted to this. However, would they know how to work it? Use some common sense! I mean , the technology is for more mature kids but the design somehow prohibits a certain age of kids from using, buying it! Gender is included in this too. Would boys want to use this? It looks so girlish! Boys are the cybergeeks compared to girls(no offense). I know Mattel is the type to produce this type of design but compared to the item, it just "brings the whole thing down". I think that the whole problem is because of the design. Please people, use some common sense, will ya? - Shirly - Age: 13 - From USA

hi - Kevin - Age: 10 - From ECUADOR

I THINK THE NICK CAMERA IS KEWL. - KATE - Age: 12 - From USA

It so cool to me. - Beth - Age: 12 - From USA

THat is pretty cool but it is very old. - Emily - Age: 12 - From USA

cool. - Dannil - Age: 8 - From CZECH REPUBLIC

it is geeky. - Logan - Age: 8 - From USA

very bad. - Yousuf - Age: 14 - From UNITED ARAB EMIRATES

I think it is a good gadgtet because it is so you rember what or wear you were. Like take a picture and you rember. - Gail - Age: 11 - From USA

It's totally hip, kewl, and awesome! You guys make awesome gadgets!
Ha,Ha,Ha!!!!!! - Linda - Age: 11 - From USA

It's kewl and not kewl at the same time.It's kewl to geeks though so, I don't like it!!!!!!!!!! - Linda - Age: 11 - From USA

I think that geek gadget is cool!
- Sabrina - Age: 11 - From USA

it's alright, we had better than that.
- Dinmahek - Age: 11 - From INDIA

Why does it have to look so barbie like, it is so ugly but sooo cool. - Michelle - Age: 12 - From USA

I think that it's cool and rocks!!! I love it!!!!!! - Sarah - Age: 9 - From USA

They look funny. - Kaitlin - Age: 8 - From USA

this geek gadget is a good idea. I would like to have one myself!! It would be fun to put charicters in a vidio game. - Mike - Age: 11 - From CANADA

it is really cool and it looks like fun to play with and i would like one of my own!!!!! plus it is GREAT! - Rosie - Age: 10 - From AUSTRALIA

I think it is so KEWL!! And one more think AWESOME AND KEWL! - Brianah - Age: 7 - From USA

I like it and at first I thouht it was a geek toy camra but now I now it is cool. - Brianah - Age: 7 - From USA

Glasses that lets you go inside the videogames - Terrance - Age: 12 - From USA

SKEETER SHOULD NOT HANG OUT WITH GICCY DUMOUNDO - Sabrina - Age: 16 - From AUSTRALIA

One ODD peice of kit! I personally have never used one but
I'd like to try. The potential for blackmail is enormous
though! - Kat Nameloc - Age: 15 - From CANADA

I think it is sooooooo KEWL! - Kelsey - Age: 11 - From USA

I think Geek Gadgets are great. - Victoria - Age: 11 - From CANADA

UR Geek Gadget is so Geeky , Weird - Rachel - Age: 12 - From USA

THIS IS A SO DUMB GADGET!!!!
- Nooten - Age: 4 - From BERMUDA

It is pretty cool if you are into professional photography, like me! Since such a digital camera wouldn't cost very much and its quality still would be good, I would definately want this Geek Gadget! - Stephen - Age: 12 - From USA

I think it gives kids a chance to to take pictures but, have fun with it at the same time. - Chelsea - Age: 12 - From USA

I think it sounds really cool! (I would really like one myself!). - Megan - Age: 11 - From NEW ZEALAND

its ok - Regan - Age: 10 - From USA

Pretty kewl i guess - Gena - Age: 8 - From USA

Bonjour
I think the camera was a great idea but when would you ever have time to make the aniamations into video games.
And how many parents would want to buy there kids one of these.
Well i think the idea was not that useful and needed to be explaned better. - Laratinavarteitiamate - Age: 16 - From BELIZE

I THINK IT LOOKS A LITTLE STRANGE TO ME.IT KINDA LOOKS LIKE A BARBIE CAMMRA. - Katie - Age: 10 - From USA

I wub the way it looks, and digital cameras are so "kewl". - Courtney - Age: 11 - From USA

OOH, I like it. I should get one. I like to give a shot out to Pooh And Jajuan - Janay - Age: 13 - From USA

I think it could be really neat in a car.Why i dont know - Stephanie - Age: 11 - From USA

I think the geek gadjet is really cool,Because the shape and the colour oh yeah and its just for us kids!!!!! - Lisa - Age: 15 - From UNITED KINGDOM

Well I have never hurd of it. I just wanted to no if you could tell me about it or tell me what stashen it is on. - Brittany - Age: 8 - From USA

Ithink it is cool - Tiffany - Age: 14 - From USA

I have that.I thing it's asome.I'm going to see a movie bye!!! - Dylan - Age: 9 - From USA

I think it is great I wish I had 1 Groovey Baby - Ashleigh - Age: 13 - From AUSTRALIA

i think it's ok - Stephen - Age: 11 - From AUSTRALIA

i think the geek gadget is so cool oh boy when i go there ill bet there will be a swiming pool. - Kylie - Age: 10 - From USA

I like the camera but, if it was blue it would also be cool. - Quan - Age: 6 - From USA

i think its ok.But i wish it didnt look so stupid! - Christine - Age: 10 - From USA

it is fun and good for kids. - Ryan - Age: 11 - From USA

IT is sooooo kelw. I want it. - TJ - Age: 9 - From USA

I think really cool because it's like a digital camera. - Courtney - Age: 11 - From USA

I think it is kewl because I like the shape of it and I like the color of it. I would want one. How much was it? - Mallory - Age: 11 - From USA

I think it is Kewl and I want one how much is it in kids points ? - Tabby - Age: 14 - From USA

I think it is just a camara I mean who needs it I already have a digital camara anyway it was expensive and I didn't need it because I already have a scanner! - Sarah - Age: 10 - From USA

It is sooooo cool. - Ann - Age: 11 - From CANADA

I think the geek gadget is awesome.Where can I find one?
- Hillary - Age: 11 - From CANADA

I think this geek gadget is sssoooo kewl because i have one and it is awsome. - Jennifer - Age: 12 - From USA

I think GEEK GADGET IS WELL COOL!!!!! - Kavita - Age: 11 - From UNITED KINGDOM

I Dont Think Its THAT Kewl!! But I Guess It Is Kinda Geeky, They ARE Called Geek Gadgets Arent They? Anyways, I Dont Like It. I Agree, It DOES Look Like A Barbie Camera. EW!! - Madison - Age: 10 - From USA

I think this Place ROCKS! - Abby - Age: 11 - From USA

i think it's relly kewl because you can turn pictures of people into anamated creatures. - Keisha - Age: 10 - From USA

no way man a camera talk about boring how about a cool car for kis or something just not this. - Emily - Age: 10 - From USA

awesome. - Bob - Age: 15 - From USA

so not cool.
- Kim - Age: 15 - From AUSTRALIA

I think it's ok for kids 5-10. - Catie - Age: 11 - From USA

it is cool and i loveeeeeeee it !! - Sammy - Age: 16 - From UNITED KINGDOM

it is totally weird.i mean who woulde want it? - Kayleigh - Age: 10 - From CANADA

I like this weeks geek gaget. I went and bought one and took a picture of me! I came out great! - Al - Age: 16 - From USA

first:camra then:vidio games now:two ends meet!!! - Nina - Age: 10 - From USA

They are so cool! - Katie - Age: 13 - From CHINA

i think the the geek gadget iz...wait how much doez it cost agian?Wow thats alot. - John - Age: 10 - From USA

I think it is a really cool thing.I like it so much I want to buy it.I can't wait until it comes out in stores.I like the color to.I dont think it is geaky,I think it is cool.My brother has lots of camras and have a felling he would like it a lot.My faimly knoes I want a camra and I need a camra really bad.I will have to tell my mom about it so I can get a camra all fore my self. - Sarah - Age: 9 - From USA

i dont think it is a geek gadget i think it is very cool!! - Jenna - Age: 12 - From USA

I THNK IT IS REALL COOL. - ALEX - Age: 10 - From USA

i think it is soo cool! i love stuff lik that! - Jenny - Age: 11 - From USA

I't is realy not kewl i't is just a camera. - Christina - Age: 10 - From CANADA

i THINK ITS WEIRD IT LOOKS LIKE A BARBIE DOLL CAMRA. - Alisha - Age: 11 - From USA

I think it is soooo cool. I almost want it! - Katie - Age: 10 - From USA

I think the Nick Click Camera is totally awesome. - J.Dot - Age: 10 - From USA

I THINK GEEK GADGET IS SO COOL FOR THE KIDS BECAUSE EVERY ONE HAVE FUN WITH THERE TOYS. EVERY OLD KIDS. GEEK GADGETS IS GOING TO BE THE COOLEST TOYS FOR KID ESPECIALLY LITTLE KIDS - TERESA - Age: 13 - From USA

quiero tener muchos amigos - Matias - Age: 12 - From ARGENTINA

I think it's SOOOOO kewl that I will never ever ignore it again!!!!! - Catherine - Age: 9 - From CANADA

i think it is neat - Megan - Age: 9 - From USA

It's really cool.Its good for projects. - Rachel - Age: 11 - From USA

sooo not kewl - Justine - Age: 15 - From CANADA

HI I realy don't think much about geek gadet I guess it's about geeky projects and stuuf like that. - Lesasha jones - Age: 12 - From USA

tell me more - Perry - Age: 12 - From USA

I think it's the coolest thing I ever saw,because I think the guy in the green sun glass is tight - Blong - Age: 11 - From USA

I think its cool because i have one the same!!!!!!!!!! - Cindy - Age: 11 - From CANADA

it sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cooool .man it mind blowing - Dhruv - Age: 10 - From INDIA

Wow! You can put a cd-rom inside?!?!Can u imagine
Is that cool or what. :o - Mara - Age: 8 - From PHILIPPINES

hello!
the geek gadget is very good for kid - Anuj - Age: 12 - From USA

How much does the camera cost? - Erin - Age: 9 - From USA

Hi!! I think this geek gadget is kewl because when you do picture you can put them in 3D so it's why it's COOL! - Lison - Age: 12 - From CANADA

I think it is really cool!!! I LOVE everything in kidscom! I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!!! I have to go now so BYE! - Aylamai - Age: 9 - From AUSTRALIA

I THINK IT IS THE KEWLIST GADGET AROUND THE WORLD. - Tanika - Age: 14 - From USA

I think the geek gadget is really cool!! - Dan - Age: 11 - From USA

i think it is great. - Sally - Age: 11 - From UNITED KINGDOM

IT IS NOT KEWL!!!!!!! - Mallocup - Age: 16 - From USA

I think it is :( dullsville. I mean cameras are cool but BORING! - Carly - Age: 10 - From USA

i think the geek gadget it's cool i have one of them my self but it silver and it's really kool to play with. - Britney - Age: 11 - From USA

i think its neat. - Krissy - Age: 9 - From USA

i ve a lot like this. - Shriram - Age: 13 - From INDIA

i think it is realy cool i wood like to have one - Robbie - Age: 6 - From USA

I think this geek gadgets is a bit too stupid but its cool the cartoons r a lil twisted!!!!! - Genniva - Age: 10 - From USA

i thik i'ts reelle cool. - Dido - Age: 6 - From CANADA

I think its great! - Taylor - Age: 8 - From USA

i think the geek gadget is not kewl !! - Kristy - Age: 14 - From CANADA

I think that geek gadgets are cool. - Ashley - Age: 14 - From USA

i thinks its dum.
- Marcus - Age: 11 - From BERMUDA

I think the Geek Gadget is neat. However, I do wish it came in blue because that is my favourite colour. Do they have it in blue? - Melissa - Age: 12 - From AUSTRALIA

it's cool i gusss. - Robbie - Age: 12 - From USA

I dont think the geek gaget is very cool. - Carla - Age: 10 - From USA

a geek gadget is for a geek - Justin v. - Age: 6 - From USA

i am not a geek - Mickey - Age: 10 - From USA

I think that this is a real geek gadget because only geeks will buy them. - Ching - Age: 16 - From CHINA

i think its cool
- Stephanie - Age: 13 - From AUSTRALIA

It's not so great! No Offence - Nikhita - Age: 10 - From INDIA

Geek gadget kids are kewl! - Melissa - Age: 12 - From USA

I think the Digital Camera is cool and awesome - Tiffany - Age: 12 - From USA

I think the geek gadget camers is a geeking kewl toy, and I would like to own one. - Mike - Age: 7 - From USA

I have it, it's ok but you can't do much. I just found out how to make flip books on it(and I've had it for a year). - Michael - Age: 10 - From USA

The digital camras flim is way better and also the digial camras take way better pictures and are way nicer! - Christina - Age: 9 - From CANADA

I think that this was a really cool geek gadet infact I don't think that it is evan a geek gadet at all I think it is a cool gadet for sure!! I wish that I could have a digatal camra they are like so cool! - Christina - Age: 9 - From CANADA

I think that this is a really cool geek gadet I toatally wish I had one of those maybe I will get one of those because I like them so much. - Christina - Age: 9 - From CANADA

I think it is so KEWL I want one so bad I mean like so Bad I have a camra but that one is So cool!! - Christina - Age: 9 - From CANADA

IT LOOKS BABYISH! - Katie - Age: 10 - From UNITED KINGDOM

Hi! I think the Nick Click digital camera is cool. I don't know why it's called a "Geek Gadget." All of the Geek Gadgets so far are cool, in my opinion. I also own a digital camera. It looks like the Nick Click camera, but it's all ornge and it called a CoolCam. Well, nice talkin' to ya. - Melissa - Age: 12 - From USA

it is funny and a bit geeky but that is why it is called geek. - Danielle - Age: 11 - From ECUADOR

I think it's cool. - Kaitlyn - Age: 9 - From USA

I think i'ts pretty cool considering it is from Mattel and is made from Nickelodeon.I DON'T think i'ts a geek gagdet!(I actully think i'ts neat!)Just like Mai said.(You also sound COOL) - Brooke;) - Age: 10 - From USA

I think i'ts pretty cool considering it is from Mattel and is made from Nickelodeon.I DON'T think i'ts a geek gagdet!(I actully think i'ts neat!) - Brooke;) - Age: 10 - From USA

Digital cameras are cool! They're way better than film cameras. - Corey - Age: 10 - From USA

I LIKED ALL KINDS OF CAMERAS. THERE COOL. - STACIE - Age: 10 - From USA

I THINK THAT CAMERA WAS NEAT I WISH I HAD ONE OF THOSE. - STEPHANIE - Age: 11 - From USA

CAMERAS ARE WEIRD. - KAYLA - Age: 10 - From CANADA

It is totally Cool!!!!!!!!I wish I had something like that!!!!!!!Cool geek gadget!!!!!!!!! - MAI - Age: 10 - From USA

Cameras are cool. - Bill - Age: 7 - From USA

Home |  Games | Adventure | Chat & Buzz | Make Friends | Shopping | Create | Idea Seekers 

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Legal Stuff | Link to KidsCom | Blog

Media | Advertise | Corporate Sponsors | Youth Research

©1995-2014 Circle 1 Network.

KidsCom Jr. ParentsTalk Root 'n Reward Meet the Ad Bug Meet Kid Be Safe Got Questions? KidsCom news Update or review your registration Tell all your friends Use the site map Make KidsCom your start page