The Ad Bug

Geek Gadgets

Every two weeks, Dumonde and Skeeter pick a new "kewl" tech toy to vote and speak out on. We use only the Kewl stuff you suggest, so vote on this week's kewl item and let us know what you think.

This Geek Gadget was from May 2, 2002—May 14, 2002

E-kara Karaoke

what it is: E-kara Karaoke

company: Hasbro

what it does: It’s a portable handheld karaoke system that plugs right into your television.

why is it kewl? It lets you sing along to pop songs from Britney Spears, Destiny’s Child, Backstreet Boys and the Beatles!

Check the vote count on this Geek Gadget!

Thanks Lindsey Age: 11 From: USA for the geek gadget suggestion!

I think the geek gadgets withch is the E~kake is ok It is not the best thing in the world but not the worest!!! - Toree - Age: 9 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

It's cool! - Ashley - Age: 9 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

i think it is cool. - Brandi - Age: 11 - From GEORGIA

NOt since i play with it and it froze on me. Also
the thing won't work anymore with a cartrige. The
bartery needs changing? - Nicole - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

the toy ok but its all the songs that are out!!!!! - Audra - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

coool - Rayla - Age: 9 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

This is wicked i want 1 cause i love singing!!! - TJ - Age: 12 - From AUSTRALIA

my friend has the ekara thing or whatever its called and its awesome the only thing is though i that it has terrible music! i like rap and hip hop! - rebecca - Age: 11 - From CANADA

Hmm it's alright but it's not that kewl... you could probably just use a microphone and plug it onto your stereo and put a c.d on and sing to it...It's cheaper isn't it? - Julia - Age: 11 - From NEW ZEALAND

ITS A GEEK. - ANDREA - Age: 13 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

It looks like a gameboy. - Theresa - Age: 7 - From TURKEY

i think that the 'geek gadget' is O.K but why not just have a normal cariooki?? - Sarah - Age: 11 - From UNITED KINGDOM

I think it is really cool.No other microphone lets you see the lyrics on TV and lets you hear it so you sing along with it .The Ekara is the one that can do all that and is absolutely the coolest.My friends are talking about it all the time. - Lance - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think this weeks geek gadget is so kewl I wish I had a E karkoe michphone (I speeled it wrong ) I'm asking my mom for 1 on my birthday - Katie - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

i don't think its that good there is already lots and lots of things like it. - Rorbert - Age: 10 - From IRELAND

i think it is really kewl and it only cost 50$ in the u.s and im gonna get it after the 18th of may but i still think it is kewl. - Jessie - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I don't like the gadget. I've seen it before. Everyone I ask agrees. - Heather - Age: 11 - From CANADA

I think that the E-kara Karaoke machine is really cool!!! because you can sing Karaoke and I love to sing Britney Spears songs . - Tina - Age: 14 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

The gadget sounds pretty good but I wonder if you can watch TV at the same time if not I don't like it as much. - Jake - Age: 9 - From UNITED KINGDOM

It's cool but not. like why is it called a " GEAK gadget" GEAK GEAK GEAK............. - Sheby - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think it´s expensive if it costs 99 US$. There are other karaokes at lower prices. - Esteban - Age: 14 - From SPAIN

I think it's pretty lame. Theres already loads of stuff like that. There is so much of the same stuff nowadays. Companies bring out a toy and then others bring out the same thing but just change it a bit. - Sophie - Age: 13 - From UNITED KINGDOM

I think it is really cool you guys should make more of that. - Faith - Age: 10 - From CAMBODIA

i love them - Kameron - Age: 6 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think it is weak because its a wast of money - Nathan - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

Yea my sister has one of these...personally i think it's stupid but i'm a guy so i guess my opinion dont matter in this case lol - Trent - Age: 11 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think the new GEEK GADGET is very weird and cool at the same time - Emily - Age: 9 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I think it is ok. - Toree - Age: 9 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I thinj its pretty cool ezceot it costs 99$ canadian and it should only be 20 - Liz - Age: 11 - From CANADA

i think it is not lame and a wasste of time. - Killer - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

I THINK IT IS REALLY COOL.I THINK MORE PEOPLE SOULD VOTE IT KWEL! - Katarina - Age: 8 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

its fun cause you can sing and youy can plung it in on your tv and see the words not like anthing and the music bacxkroung c omes so you can sing with music - S - Age: 10 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

ekara sounds like a cool idea.......................for girls!!!

yuck! - Justin - Age: 9 - From UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

It is very interesting - Brendon - Age: 10 - From AUSTRALIA

Home |  Games | Adventure | Chat & Buzz | Make Friends | Shopping | Create | Idea Seekers 

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Legal Stuff | Link to KidsCom | Blog

Media | Advertise | Corporate Sponsors | Youth Research

©1995-2014 Circle 1 Network.

KidsCom Jr. ParentsTalk Root 'n Reward Meet the Ad Bug Meet Kid Be Safe Got Questions? KidsCom news Update or review your registration Tell all your friends Use the site map Make KidsCom your start page