The Ad Bug

Geek Gadgets

Every two weeks, Dumonde and Skeeter pick a new "kewl" tech toy to vote and speak out on. We use only the Kewl stuff you suggest, so vote on this week's kewl item and let us know what you think.

This Geek Gadget was from May 29, 2001––June 12, 2001

Dear Diary

what it is: Dear Diary

company: Tiger Electronics

what it does: It's like a diary but it's electronic.

why is it kewl? You can pull it apart! It splits into a keyboard and a screen that is small enough to take with you!

Check the vote count on this Geek Gadget!

Thanks Charlotte Age: 9 (United Kingdom) for the geek gadget suggestion!

I think that it would be really kewl to have one because I try to write in my diary every night so that I can have some memories stored somewhere but it is to boting to write. I do enough of that in school. I don't want to do it over the summer. If it were electronic it would be much easier and funner to use. - Kristen - Age: 12 - From USA

Well,it might be nice for some pepole,but not for me.You see I have a journal not a diary.Why can,t they just make an electronic journal? - Anna - Age: 11 - From USA

I just love it..,IT IS SO COOOL.You can take it with you anywhere you like,i wish i had dozens of them! - Sara - Age: 11 - From USA

I THINK IT LOOKS REALLY COOL - KAHLA - Age: 11 - From AUSTRALIA

This is an awesome geek gadget! I think it is so kool that it slips apart and you can bring it everywhere! I would love to have one so my best friend could not sneak in to figure out my latest crush! I bet I would have so much fun with that cool gaget! It would be cool though, because if I wanted my friend to know sompthing in class I could tell her the pass and she would be able to read my meassage. And if my teacher came, She would close it and my teacher would have a hard time figuring out what I wrote! - REBECCA - Age: 11 - From CANADA

I think the geek gadget is cool because the person who will win will get to keep the secrets in it also they can write secrets to their friends and their friends will write back in the diary so no one knows their secret - Eileen - Age: 11 - From CANADA

This geek gadget is so kewl. It's a computer in your pocket. - Felicia - Age: 16 - From USA

Geek gadget is cool but I think it needs more games and stuff - Elaine - Age: 10 - From USA

i think it's soooooooo kewl i mean you could go anywhere and write in it. NOW I REALY WANT ONE. - Morgan - Age: 10 - From USA

I think it is pretty "kewl" because I have a diary similiar I to that and even though mine was really expensive cause it sort of like a palm pilot. - Kate - Age: 10 - From USA

it's cool and I voteed for kew it was fun! - Mischelle - Age: 7 - From CANADA

ciao ciao
- Alessandra - Age: 12 - From ITALY

I don't know why you need a computerized diary...If you think some one will get into it put one on your computer and put password on it!!! Girls or Boys don't need things like that it's just a waste of money!!! You can buy one with a lock for $3.50 easily!! Are we getting so lazy we can't even write with our hands??? - Aaron - Age: 13 - From USA

It is so kewl-I have one almost identical to it! - Katie - Age: 12 - From NEW ZEALAND

This machine is awsome!
- Sumiko - Age: 10 - From USA

I THINK IT IS GREAT TO TAKE ON TRIPS (PORTABLE) - Nicky - Age: 10 - From USA

OH MY GOD THIS GADGET IS LIKE SO SO KOOL.LIKE I HAVE TOO GET ONE.NO IM JOKIN THIS GADGET IS A REAL KEWLLY NOW EVERY ONE WHO DOES NOT HAVE 1 U LIKE HAVE TOOO GET IT. - Stephanie - Age: 11 - From USA

ya ya it is really nice but you do have to tipey really fast and you have to look up and down both times - Lindsey - Age: 16 - From USA

I really like the geek gadget!!! - Hannah - Age: 9 - From USA

I THINK IT'S SOOOO KEWL! - Shayna - Age: 9 - From USA

It's tight.(cool)
- Lisette - Age: 11 - From COSTA RICA

I would totaly love to have it! I mean it is so Kewl! But I can't imagene how expensieve it is!! - Danielle - Age: 9 - From USA

I think that it don't have a dictionaoy in it i bet you a dollar. - Jamila - Age: 11 - From USA

I don't think that's very kewl because there's a million different versions of those things everywhere. - Theresa - Age: 11 - From USA

i think its pointless cuz it can screw up an all ur personal stuff would be lost. - Rene - Age: 12 - From CANADA

I think it is not very cool but I rather write on the paper then a computer - Laura - Age: 10 - From USA

it's really cool - Elena - Age: 11 - From USA

i THINK IT IS SO KEWL!IS THERE A CONTEST TO WIN IT? - SHAYNA - Age: 9 - From USA

I really and totally love it i maen it is so cule and kuet! - Kaylyn - Age: 16 - From CHINA

I like it and i did a party on it and i want to talk so what is your name - Sharee - Age: 10 - From USA

Grr! Grr! Great! - Nikhita. - Age: 10 - From INDIA

Pretty lame idea, very pointless. Where would u take it??? I just think it's plain DUMB. - Emma - Age: 10 - From NEW ZEALAND

I think Geek Gadget is cool,but isn't it expensive? - Brooke - Age: 10 - From USA

Hey I think it is cool! I love Gregg !! - Kaylyn - Age: 12 - From ZIMBABWE

I like this kewl gadget it is way more better than a regular one because it teaches you to type better and faster! - Kaylyn - Age: 12 - From ZIMBABWE

I think it is kinda cool ,not, I think it awsome - Caleena - Age: 9 - From USA

Dude I think it is stupid. You can get paper for a lot cheeper. And I like writing!!!!!!! And for all the people out there who voted for the so called Dear diary, why don't you just go suck a dried up lemon! - Riley - Age: 11 - From USA

It's so hot and girlish!! I espaically liked the color you guys have good taste!! This my #1 favorite gadgite becuase you don't have to go through all the trouble of writing!!
Sincerly,Tiana - Tiana - Age: 16 - From ZIMBABWE

I think that Dear Diary is cool. What if there's something you need to tell your diary at school? Just type it in! - Amy - Age: 11 - From USA

I THINK ITS AORSOME I WANT ONE. - Madeleine - Age: 11 - From AUSTRALIA

I think it is ok but if you want something really private just use a normal diary people duh! I mean people can snatch that right up. and it could get taken away from you. REALLY BAD IDEA ! - Stephanie - Age: 13 - From USA

I thin that this Geek Gadget is pretty kewl.It would be nice and neater than a paper diary.That is what I think about the Geek Gadget. - Kelsey - Age: 10 - From USA

It is really cool and i wish i had one but my mom probably won't get me one. - Rebekah - Age: 8 - From USA

I think it's definetely NOT KEWL. I think this because I know there are thousands of diarys that do the same thing. and lots more which do the same thing. I rest my case. - Emily - Age: 10 - From UNITED KINGDOM

It's kewl but I don't like the fact that it can pull apart. You can't be able to see what you are typing. Plus the keyboard is so small!!! I wouldn't even be able to type with it! - Katie - Age: 11 - From USA

it looks like the coolest thing and i wish i hade one - Nathan - Age: 11 - From AUSTRALIA

i totally think that the invention is kewl cause i want 1 - Samantha - Age: 13 - From NEW ZEALAND

I THINK IT IS REALLY COOL - KIMBERLEY - Age: 11 - From NEW ZEALAND

I THINK IT LOOKS GROOVY AND I DEFINENTLY WANT ONE.PAPER IS BETTER CAUSE YOU CAN WRITE ON IT AND ITS EASIER BUT YEAH WHY NOT ITS A LITTLE BIT OF A CHANGE! - WATERMELON - Age: 11 - From AUSTRALIA

I think it is something good to have to write all your thoughts in - Cherie - Age: 13 - From TRINIDAD

It will be a private thing to write in. - Amanda - Age: 8 - From USA

I think it is really kool! - Sarah - Age: 10 - From USA

I thick it is cool but I want a different kind of one - Ashley - Age: 11 - From CANADA

I think it is SO cool that I want one so badily. - Danielle - Age: 12 - From USA

OK BUT YOU COULD JUST GET A NORMAL WRITING DIARY FOR A LOT CHEAPER AND IT WOULD BE SAFE - Maria - Age: 14 - From AUSTRALIA

I think its cool because when you write in a regular diary your hand starts to hert but with this all you have to do is click the buttons - Shani - Age: 11 - From USA

it is really cool i like it i like all the games and the cool dear diray it nice nice - Lindsey - Age: 15 - From USA

I really like kids.com my friend told me about it in school. I think to that GREEK GADGETS is fun and i learn things that is fun. - Fernanda - Age: 10 - From BRAZIL

I hate it!! Why would you want one when paper is less cheap?? Thats why people invented paper,so you can wright on it. - Evan - Age: 10 - From USA

it looks cool and i want one well i won't get one but i still want one - Georgie - Age: 10 - From AUSTRALIA

I think all you people should try a real diary. I have one and it's really helpful. I like to write in it and tell it my secrets. An electronic diary is just so fake. Why are no boys casting their votes? - Emilie - Age: 13 - From FRANCE

I think that the geek gaget is cool and that you should com up with other things. - Amanda - Age: 12 - From USA

its kind of wierd. but if it got more high tech and smaller, maybe i would say kewl - Anne - Age: 12 - From USA

It is kewel i am going to buy it!! - Sarah - Age: 12 - From UNITED KINGDOM

Geek gadgets are supposed to be for geeks right????? i pick not kewl
- Brittany - Age: 11 - From USA

i have one and its rubbish! nothing that ur mobile cant do - Jess - Age: 11 - From UNITED KINGDOM

well first of all i think it is DUMB. i am a boy, a boy with non geek pride and i am offended by the name. 5th grade kicks! - Jon - Age: 10 - From CROATIA

ITS THE COOLEST IN THE WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOVE TO MY FAMILY - Kara - Age: 11 - From USA

he is really funny - Whitney - Age: 15 - From USA

I reckon if would be heaps cool to be able to take a portable electronic diary almost everwhere you go. It would be great to be able to get one. You could write anything on it and no-one would be able to find it easily but yourself! Betta get 1 AY! Cooooooollllll!!!!!!! - Jaimer - Age: 12 - From AUSTRALIA

I think its a good gadget to carry around when do the come to australia?ha:) - Shannon - Age: 11 - From AUSTRALIA

well i think it is fantactic.kids com is the most wonderful best web site ever.that is all i have to say bye bye
- Demi - Age: 9 - From AUSTRALIA

its cool !!!!!!!
i think every one will vote for it
i wish i had 100000 of them

- Ayah - Age: 9 - From SPAIN

I think its kewl. It`s portable. It would be kewl to have a diary that your brother couldn`t read because you have it with you and you are occupied on a long boring 6-9 hour drive. - Trevor - Age: 8 - From USA

yeah i think this gadget is kewl - Waiel - Age: 8 - From USA

I think it's really COOL!!!!! - Ziva - Age: 8 - From USA

I think the Dear Diary is awsome also kewl! I'm going to get i for my self. - Alyssa - Age: 12 - From USA

I think that the "Geek Gadget" kicks!!! You can take it apart and hide it or take it to school! You can type in personal messages w\out any peeps seein it too!! - Natalie - Age: 11 - From USA

I like it.I have one already - Breanne - Age: 8 - From USA

i like the idea very very much - Cornelius - Age: 11 - From USA

It is the bomb cool I would definenetly want to have a diary like that! Cool! - Clara - Age: 13 - From MALAYSIA

I think geek gadget is pritty cool.axally I think geek gadget is wicked cause I use to be one of them.Well I got to goe bye. o yeah i think skeeter's hot.
- Sasha - Age: 10 - From JAPAN

it is cool !!! Every body should buy it or better vote for it .
- SARA - Age: 11 - From EGYPT

I think it is so cool I'd like to have one. It's the bom and it rocks now I realy want one! - Alyssa - Age: 10 - From CANADA

It's cool!! - Kara - Age: 11 - From GERMANY

Home |  Games | Adventure | Chat & Buzz | Make Friends | Shopping | Create | Idea Seekers 

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Legal Stuff | Link to KidsCom | Blog

Media | Advertise | Corporate Sponsors | Youth Research

©1995-2014 Circle 1 Network.

KidsCom Jr. ParentsTalk Root 'n Reward Meet the Ad Bug Meet Kid Be Safe Got Questions? KidsCom news Update or review your registration Tell all your friends Use the site map Make KidsCom your start page