The Ad Bug

Geek Gadgets

Every two weeks, Dumonde and Skeeter pick a new "kewl" tech toy to vote and speak out on. We use only the Kewl stuff you suggest, so vote on this week's kewl item and let us know what you think.

July 24, 2001—August 7, 2001

Sony PS One

what it is: PS One

company: Sony

what it does: Itís a portable PlayStation video game system! It runs on its own batteries and has its own screen!

why is it kewl? It's portable! You can play all the old PlayStation games wherever you want and the system is small enough to fit in a lunch box!

Check the vote count on this Geek Gadget!

Thanks David Age: 11 (Australia) for the geek gadget suggestion!

i love playstations i reckon the games are sooooooooooooooooo cool how ya goin skeeter your the best character in the world - Rookie - Age: 11 - From AUSTRALIA

i think that it should not be called tha geek gadget cuz itz not nd i also think that itz not for sure that it can fit into tha lunch box cuz wut if i have a small size then would it still fit but i think that it is better that all that other games nd since i have it nd tried it i think that i would recommend it to ppl who like to take up new hobbies lol lol i dont really think ppl would like it that much hey u really have to go but cya later geekz lool jk!!!!!!!!!!! - Michelle - Age: 15 - From HONG KONG

i think geek gadget is a fun site for kidz - Tiffany - Age: 12 - From USA

I think it's cool,it's great,fantasic no it's exsterordenary. I don't like it I love it.I wish I had it soooo bad.It's great! - Kaylee - Age: 10 - From USA

the geek gadget is cool - Kristin - Age: 13 - From USA

Interesting, but geekish. My 13 year old bro. likes it cause he has it but i mean not for gurls like me.OK. so see ya geeks.lol.j/k!!!! - Alexa - Age: 10 - From USA

well noyhing about that ok - Kendra - Age: 13 - From UNITED KINGDOM

its really cool, say your a kid siting some where and your really boared just carry that with you even if theres no outlet.I say it rocks !!!!!!!!!!!! - Cory - Age: 10 - From UNITED KINGDOM

i like it but it looks to ummm BORING it needs more colour but i like th idea of the batteries thats good just it looks dull - Meghan - Age: 12 - From AUSTRALIA

I think that the playstation is not that fun because the graphics are bad and the controllers are hard to work. Nintendo 64 is much better even though it does not have as many games. - Colleen - Age: 12 - From USA

I Like it - Lauren - Age: 8 - From CANADA

I TTHINK SCOOTERS ARE COOL - HANNAH - Age: 11 - From CANADA

I think that this geek gadget is awsome i play mine everyday almost. - Hillary - Age: 11 - From USA

I think it is dumd i mean realy dumb - Monika - Age: 9 - From USA

I think it is so cool the gadget
- Monika - Age: 9 - From USA

It's a good toy for fun.but we play it only in our spare time.bcoz study is first
- Shahzeen - Age: 8 - From PAKISTAN

Before i said i dont know what it is becuse its my first time on this site but any way i love the gadget - Kayla - Age: 10 - From USA

I think it's really cool and it's a really good way to save elctricity.You can also take it on the rode which is also cool. - Amanda - Age: 10 - From USA

well it is really geekey it is kinda cool in some ways!!!!!!!!!!!!
~Maggie~ - Maggie - Age: 12 - From USA

I think that the geek gadet is pretty cool cause it is portable and its small so it doesn't take up much space. - Samantha - Age: 10 - From CANADA

I think your site of geek gadget is relley cool and exciting. - AMBER - Age: 11 - From MEXICO

Its cool! I have one already but it is so cool! Whoever will get it will surely like it. Note- It takes a few mintues for the picture to dry! Have Fun! - Electra - Age: 10 - From USA

I think that the geek gadgetis relly great - Kiarra - Age: 10 - From USA

i think the thing is ok. i rather perfer the regular playstation. and why would u want to carry the thing in a lunch box? - Hottie - Age: 11 - From USA

cool - Stephanie - Age: 10 - From USA

IT IS SO COOL I WOULD PLAY IT EVERY DAY YA HEARD ME - BRANDIE - Age: 13 - From USA

I THINK THAT ITS PRETTY KEWL! - CASEY - Age: 11 - From USA

I think playstation1 is really cool ive got one already, but playstation2 is better - Lauren - Age: 12 - From UNITED KINGDOM

psone is not a good game to play ,becuse it brakes easy - Mustafa - Age: 13 - From USA

I think this thing is cool. I dont have nintendo or nothing but I have Gameboy and I think this is as cool as a gameboy. I think I'd like to have one. - Sharon - Age: 11 - From USA

I think that the geek gadget is very COOL it was the BOOM! - Thorn - Age: 13 - From BAHAMAS

it is the best toy "can i have it. - Charlie - Age: 10 - From AUSTRALIA

i actually have one of these wicked playstations and i reckon its fantastically marvelous - Jayme - Age: 11 - From AUSTRALIA

The Greek Gadgets are so cool. - Sharon - Age: 10 - From CANADA

I think its OK because it is the same as the Playstation and the Playstation 2. You can take them every were with you as long as there is a television on hand. - Nadia - Age: 12 - From UNITED KINGDOM

it was an awsome idea cuz it was portable u can play it during class cuz school is so boring - Kelly and Nicki - Age: 11 - From USA

this is good site for children - Hasnain - Age: 16 - From PAKISTAN

It is pretty cool for a car trip but if you bring it to school it will get taken up. - Jenna - Age: 11 - From USA

it is very COOL - Micheal - Age: 8 - From CANADA

I think it is good. - Nida - Age: 16 - From PAKISTAN

they r kewl!!!!
- Emma - Age: 11 - From AUSTRALIA

It's not creative whatsoever. For one,why would you want a portable playstation with a smaller screen than the real one? If you want something to carry around and play with, try a cellphone, gameboy or any other various things. - Winona - Age: 12 - From HOLLAND

im new to this site but all the kids are wrong about the so called" geek gadget " for this week .i have one of these and it is really cool, i read some of the comments and i thought that it was really lame that kids would bring it to school you would take on trips in the car not to school! - Jewl - Age: 15 - From USA

I think it is cool the you can carry around a PS1 like
when you get bored you can play it. - ZZ - Age: 12 - From USA

i think the geek gadget is reaaly neat because like if you were going somewhere and needed some thing to do you could just play games in the car! we ewre gonna' get one but we changed our minds - Katie - Age: 11 - From USA

I don't really like it very much. - Courtney - Age: 9 - From USA

it too kool to be a geek gadgets - Linh - Age: 11 - From USA

I think it is so stupid because when you go to school your teachers will take it away until recess and on recess you get to run around and strech and spend time with your friends.and you might drop and brake it also it takes up too much time with electronics.thats why I have a sertain amount of time that I spend on the computer. I always go outside and play with crickets and stuff like that. - Shawna - Age: 9 - From USA

i think it's not that cool because gameboy is almost the exact same thing and + it's smaller - Marina - Age: 11 - From CANADA

Geek gadgets are for cool kids too james bond is the coolest secret agent and he has over 100 gadgets but we don't call him a geek so geeks aren't geeks if the have gadgets - Steve - Age: 13 - From USA

i thought it was great. - Susan - Age: 7 - From UNITED KINGDOM

I think it is a good thing. - Arun - Age: 12 - From INDIA

I have one of these "kewl" PS 1's, and they're not so kewl after all! - Princess - Age: 11 - From USA

its cool - Booger - Age: 4 - From BERMUDA

NOT COOL!!!! - Frog - Age: 7 - From USA

ITS OK - SHARLIE - Age: 9 - From USA

I think its really really good because if u had a normal Playstation before,then u can keep the same games for your Playstation1! - Hez - Age: 11 - From UNITED KINGDOM

i think its sooooo geeky not like my ps now thats the boom!!!!!!! - Viper - Age: 11 - From IRELAND

I think that it is preety cool. - Erika - Age: 8 - From NEW ZEALAND

I like the geek gadget,because it is interesting and skilful. - Terence - Age: 8 - From HONG KONG

It is soo stupid. theres already regular playstation. - Liz - Age: 16 - From USA

i think playstation fans would think it's cool,but I don't because computer games are better so I wouldn't want a little playstation toy :(- - Lindsay - Age: 12 - From CANADA

Well I think that it is very cool even thouh I have not ever seen it. - Joanna - Age: 11 - From CANADA

This thing rokks!! - Justin - Age: 9 - From USA

Home |  Games | Adventure | Chat & Buzz | Make Friends | Shopping | Create | Idea Seekers 

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Legal Stuff | Link to KidsCom | Blog

Media | Advertise | Corporate Sponsors | Youth Research

©1995-2014 Circle 1 Network.

KidsCom Jr. ParentsTalk Root 'n Reward Meet the Ad Bug Meet Kid Be Safe Got Questions? KidsCom news Update or review your registration Tell all your friends Use the site map Make KidsCom your start page