The Ad Bug

Geek Gadgets

Every two weeks, Dumonde and Skeeter pick a new "kewl" tech toy to vote and speak out on. We use only the Kewl stuff you suggest, so vote on this week's kewl item and let us know what you think.

August 21, 2001—September 4, 2001

Tech-Link Bike Helmet Walkie-Talkies

what it is: Tech-Link Bike Helmet Walkie-Talkies

company: DSI Toys

what it does: These walkie-talkies attach to any bicycle safety helmet or can be used without the helmet.

why is it kewl? You can talk to your friends while biking!

Check the vote count on this Geek Gadget!

Thanks Amelia Age: 12 (USA) for the geek gadget suggestion!

i think its ok but a lot of kids dont wear helmets - Jordan - Age: 12 - From USA

It is kool. Is there really one of them???? - Hannah - Age: 11 - From USA

I think I is REALLY cool because I aways try to talk to my friends on my bike and sometimes I wreck. This is a safer way to do it!! - Kaity - Age: 13 - From USA

Awsome! Cant wait to buy a few of these with my friends - Mat - Age: 7 - From USA

I think it's a good idea as long as your careful not to get hit by a car! - Ayla - Age: 11 - From USA

This is not kewl! Who would wana talk to people while biking? Wouldn't it look funny when you are riding down the street and it looks like you are talking to yourself? A Duh of cource it would! - Sara - Age: 12 - From USA

i think it's verey cool at all - Beteer - Age: 9 - From AUSTRALIA

It is so kewl I wish I had one!
- Rachel - Age: 11 - From USA

I think that it is a bad idea because it looks like you have to turn it on and talk. Plus some people can't ride one handed for that long. - KASSIE - Age: 11 - From USA

I think it is awesome! You get to talk to your friends and stuff with out having to hold a phone or anything. I wish I had one!!! - Kaelin - Age: 13 - From USA

I think that its bad because if u bike together u can just talk you can use mobile phones and stuff to talk if you're not together and that would be really expensive - Alisha - Age: 11 - From UNITED KINGDOM

I think it is cool because you can talk to your friends when ever you want. - Rachel - Age: 9 - From IRELAND

Well i got one it is Groovy u get to walk around while u listen to cds! or tapes wateva they are well g2g now bye bye
Love shae - Shae - Age: 12 - From AUSTRALIA

It could be dangerous because you could be chatting away and not concentrating on the road and then you get run over by a car - Chris - Age: 12 - From UNITED KINGDOM

I think the geek gadget is great.I like it alot.I think you should keep doing the geek gadget.I hope you have the geek gadgets every day. - Gwen - Age: 6 - From USA

I don't like it. - Bria - Age: 7 - From USA

I think I is awsome you can talk to your parents if they like never let you go off on your own. It is a life saver it so rocks! - Tonya - Age: 12 - From USA

It is a watch. But the face is actually a screen which you can talk to. If your partner has one than both of you can comminicate.
It can take 7 names of people and if you just say on than it will go on. If you say off than it goes off. If you tell it to call a friend and give it the friends name it will call him or her and than you can talk to your friend. It also has a light. - Mirell - Age: 13 - From SOUTH AFRICA

It is a stupid idea b/c I can talk to my friends withouta gadget and I dont wont to get hit by car - Brenden - Age: 13 - From USA

I THINK THE GEEK GADGETS IS GOOD BECAUSE IT CAN MAKE US HAPPY FOR EVERY PLAYING. - Kevin - Age: 12 - From PHILIPPINES

Actully if you ask me I think this week's geek gadget is kinda dangerous because you can talk to someone and not be paying attention and get in bike accident or get killed by a car. But also it is very creative but when the company thought about it they must have gotten so excited they forgot about safety rules! - Courtney - Age: 11 - From USA

i think it cool but how far go - Sarah - Age: 11 - From USA

I dont like it because I dont like walkie talkies and I also think that you reslly talk that much on your bike. - Jen - Age: 12 - From USA

This thing looks really cool and it would be great for capture the flag on bikes! - Lauren - Age: 11 - From USA

Why can't you talk to your friends when your biking anyway? Ok, so I guess if you want to each race down different tracks or go on different routes but keep in touch its good, but you can't go that far apart 'cos the walkie talkies won't be able to make contact. I can't decide whether its kewl or not. - Chilli - Age: 11 - From UNITED KINGDOM

I think the week geek gadget is cool and i love it because i love biking a lot. - Sok - Age: 13 - From SINGAPORE

I think this is a great way to comunicate to your friends while riding your bick. the only problem is that sometimes i ride my bike with no one around so i would not be able to use them all the time. i hope i will start seeing these in stores! - Sally - Age: 13 - From USA

I think the gadget should be on australian shelfs and i think its cool.

From Hussen your bigest fan - Hussen - Age: 14 - From AUSTRALIA

I love it. Cuz I love biking - Megan - Age: 11 - From USA

I think it's cool to be able to speak to your mates while riding your bike but it can stop you from paying attention and you can get hit by a car or something!!! - Hannah - Age: 11 - From UNITED KINGDOM

What a waste of time! Most people have got mobiles these days, and, the range that these things probably go, you may aswell just shout to your mates! Much more fun I think and then you can bug your parents for something worth having like a new outfit or playstation game! - Faith - Age: 12 - From UNITED KINGDOM

a nsync cd - Whitney - Age: 11 - From USA

this side is great. - Rabia - Age: 13 - From PAKISTAN

I think the Geek Gadget is very Kewl...
Not everyone thinks that. But I do. When I voted it was 58%. That liked it.. - Brittany - Age: 11 - From USA

i think it's to big and ugly to ride around in, yuo'd get laughed at .it is a good idea but im afraid i wouldn't wair it. - Amy - Age: 12 - From UNITED KINGDOM

I think it is sweet dude.It is neat to be abe to talk until you get hit by a car because your not paying attention!!right?right!THANKS !! - Chelsea - Age: 11 - From CANADA

Its cool because I never can hear peaple on my bike. :-) - Katie - Age: 10 - From USA

well i tthink it is cool but theers one thing i don't like about it,there has been alot of accidents in my province and i think if you are talking while u bike ride u might not be paying attension to the road!THEN SOMETHING BAD WILL HAPPEN LIKE GETTING INTO AN ACCEDENT! - Lisa - Age: 12 - From CANADA

i think this weeks geek gadget is very cool. - Katie - Age: 11 - From USA

I voted for Kewl because I can never get my friends to hear me when Im riding with them. I cant hear them either so we cant talk but the gadget will make it a lot easier. Can you talk with three people?:) - Krissy - Age: 13 - From SOUTH AFRICA

Thumbs down.If you were talking and then your listining to what your frinds saying and then well you get the point my rating:** - Adam - Age: 11 - From CANADA

i think it is cool that u can talk to your friends but it might look a bit geeky - Hannah - Age: 12 - From IRELAND

Weeeeeell...........It's pretty Ok I suppose, but I don't think many people are going to use it. It's not that useful, I mean, not many people want to chat when they're riding a bike. You just pick up your mobile and chat. Plus, there must be a limit to how far away from eachother you can be to talk. I rate this gadget.............

5/10 - Sara - Age: 11 - From UNITED KINGDOM

We would use the gadget but not while we were cycling on the road!!!!! - Laura and Louise - Age: 12 - From UNITED KINGDOM

it's like a pretty though but that's okay. - Robert - Age: 13 - From CHINA

I think it would be really annoying U wouldn't be able to concentrate, plus anyone ever heard of yelling to you friend while riding a bike - Taz - Age: 12 - From AUSTRALIA

i think its pretty cool. i don't know if i would wants one though it might look a bit silly!!!! - Megan - Age: 13 - From CANADA

I think it's kinda kewl,but what if a car was coming and u were 2 busy talking to ur friend and u didnt notice it u could just get ran over if ur pasing at a street or a corner by a school or something and anyways i always have the computer and the chat and the phone so its no use! - Rose - Age: 10 - From CANADA

I THINK THAT IT'S o.k. I guess. - Jenny - Age: 11 - From USA

I do not like it. - Lauren - Age: 13 - From CANADA

WHAT IF YOUR BIKING THEN YOU FALL DOWN AND YOUR WERING THAT THING!!!!!1 IT'LL BREAK! DDDDDUUUUUUHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Sophia - Age: 10 - From CANADA

I think that it's not that good because I'm a pretty serious cycler and it's just not safe because you might be so concentrated on talking that you might not see where you're going. I think it's a pretty good idea, though, but I wish the companies would consider one thing: OUR SAFETY! - Heather - Age: 10 - From CANADA

coooooooool i really like it - Memo - Age: 10 - From BAHRAIN

it is cool - Nicole - Age: 11 - From USA

THIS IS PRETTY COOL!!!!!!! - KIM - Age: 12 - From NEW ZEALAND

I think it's o.k. The only thing cool about it is it's like a phone thats all. - Caitlyn - Age: 9 - From USA

COOL!!!!!! - MORGON - Age: 11 - From USA

I think it's "kewl" because if your like spyng then you can talk to your pals. - Leah - Age: 9 - From CANADA

I like it! If you are up in a tree and your friend is on the ground you won't have to worry about dropping you talkie - Berlyn - Age: 11 - From USA

I THINK IT IS COOL, BUT I WOULD'NT USE IT. - Madison - Age: 10 - From USA

Its the same as a walkie talkie,unless it has better distances of course.But if it does not have better distances or better voice,whats the point of buying it,it probably cost more aswell. - Jess - Age: 11 - From IRELAND

I think it's pretty kewl, but not that gr8! I mean, why do u wanna talk 2 ur friends while ur cycling? I'm usually meeting them or cycling with them anyway! If u were tired, all they would be able 2 hear was u panting... In other words, it's a gr8 idea, but not that practical or useful! - Catz - Age: 13 - From UNITED KINGDOM

Its gr8! It's like a mobile with a headset, for your bike! ACE! - Sophie - Age: 12 - From UNITED KINGDOM

its sweeet.id buy it right away. - Corey - Age: 11 - From USA

it is hard to decide. i picked not kool cuz u misewell just get a reagular walky talkie cuz those r better. and kid who desinded this thing u should give more info, like, how many chanalls and stuff like that k other ys it was ok.
- Kelly - Age: 11 - From USA

Biking is kewl and this gadget makes it the kewlest! - Bridget - Age: 11 - From USA

Home |  Games | Adventure | Chat & Buzz | Make Friends | Shopping | Create | Idea Seekers 

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Legal Stuff | Link to KidsCom | Blog

Media | Advertise | Corporate Sponsors | Youth Research

©1995-2014 Circle 1 Network.

KidsCom Jr. ParentsTalk Root 'n Reward Meet the Ad Bug Meet Kid Be Safe Got Questions? KidsCom news Update or review your registration Tell all your friends Use the site map Make KidsCom your start page