The Ad Bug

Geek Gadgets

Every two weeks, Dumonde and Skeeter pick a new "kewl" tech toy to vote and speak out on. We use only the Kewl stuff you suggest, so vote on this week's kewl item and let us know what you think.

This Geek Gadget was from November 6, 2000. - November 20, 2000.

what it is: Poo-Chi™

company: Tiger Electronics

what it does: It barks and growls. The eyes light up like hearts when it's happy and lines when it's sad. IT gets happy when you pet it.

why is it kewl?: It is kewl because my mum says I can't get a dog but I can get a poo-chi. They are definitly not hard to take care of and if you don't want to play with it just put it away. (They are also a reasonable price.)

Check the vote count on this Geek Gadget!

Thanks Stephanie (12, Canada) for the geek gadget suggestion!

it is the coolest thing keep it for a long time. - Jasmine - Age: 10 - From USA

I THINK IT IS VERY COOL ONLY BECAUSE IT IS COOL FOR GEAKS AND STUFF AND THEY CAN CAN LEARN HOW TP GET MORE GEEKIER - CHELSEA - Age: 10 - From USA

I think that poochie is a pretty kewl toy and it prepares you for the responsabilities of having a real dog. Sure it's not real, but if you make a mistake, then you can work on it. Plus, I think it's really cute and I like the way is eyes light up! - Sonia - Age: 10 - From CANADA

I think the poo-chi is kewl because you don't have to clean up after it. - Maggie - Age: 14 - From USA

I think it's realy wierd beacause it is like a furby and except it doesnt have any fur and it is cheep plastic i went tu radio shack once and i tried petting it but in the end i had to slam it on the ground to get its eyes to light up and the people who say that they have a poochie and it knows how to stand up on it's hind legs and sing, well it's not true and their is no such thing as a meow-chie. - Ross - Age: 9 - From CANADA

I think this is a great idea and the weekly Geek Gadget should be put up in the left-hand corner of Kids Com's Home Page. - Julia - Age: 11 - From CANADA

I all ready have a poochi i am so glad i got it mine is a purple one i just love it when it sings a song like bingo . but everytime he sings that he get realy sad . should i let him sing a new song ? - Tammy - Age: 10 - From USA

I love my mom and dad - Brandon - Age: 9 - From FINLAND

it is the dumbest doy. it is so stupid. All my friends think i should like it 'cause i'm a girl. I don't. For god's sake it sings and dances. It's the stupidest toy in in the whole wide world! - Paige - Age: 9 - From IRELAND

i think your geek gadget is cool - Joshalane - Age: 11 - From USA

i think it it is cool and fun. - Alexis - Age: 10 - From USA

I think the dog is ent good because it does nt look like a dog - Chingeez - Age: 10 - From RUSSIA

I think it is very"kewl" or cool.I like to play the game,s
that they have on the Internet.Now! that,s what I think about KIDSCOM. - Tashira - Age: 15 - From USA

I think that geek gadget should be every where you look. - Isabelle - Age: 8 - From USA

We think it is really cool fun place to go to. I think it is
a very neat place to see.I think that we can learn about a
lot of cool thing's to tell you about in this club.YA! You need to check this out. - Lanie & Calli - Age: 10 - From USA

i own a one and they are cool for goodness sake they sing songs and dance!! - Andi - Age: 10 - From USA

I have a Poo- Chi I think he's "kewl" to play with I make him do all kinds of stuff like: dance on his tippytoes,sing,and I've heard of Meow- Chi and I don't think I'd like it. - Megan - Age: 12 - From USA

it is lame - Neth - Age: 9 - From USA

I think it is somekind of cute and some kind of wierd you knowa pet w/heart eyes but you know it is good because you can only feed it with a bone provided w/ the toy but you can not make some things that a ordinary dogs do.thats all!!!! - Bad - Age: 10 - From PHILIPPINES

This is a joke. They make it seem like it is alive, but ti isn't. It is just a dog version of the furby: super cute and super annoying. - Andy - Age: 11 - From USA

I think it is stupid. - Ryan - Age: 13 - From USA

I though it was good.I like the website - Hayley - Age: 11 - From AUSTRALIA

WELL TO START OFF I THINK YOU LOOK SO CUTE ON THE SCREEN AND WELL WHAT I THINK OF IT I THINK THE GEEK GADGET IS WELL THE GRATIST - KALA - Age: 13 - From BELIZE

i THINK it is not because all it does is bark and has hearts in it's eyes - Brandy - Age: 9 - From CANADA

Whoever said that Furbys are better than Poo-Chi's are so wrong. Those stupid Furbys are annoying unlike the Poo-Chi! - Gordita - Age: 11 - From USA

I think a poochie is the cutest thing in the world i can't wait to get one . - Kelly - Age: 11 - From USA

hello, everyone I'm learning how to play these games and I want to find out more. - Jason - Age: 7 - From MEXICO

I think that if you can afford a poo-whatever than you could get a dog from the pet store. and if its because you are alergic to fur than thats okay but for all those people who had a giga-pet or a tomigotchi or a furby and their parents started taking care of then than what makes you think they think your'e responcible enough to have a real one none the less a electronic one. - Chris - Age: 12 - From USA

i think its a rip off - Hugh - Age: 11 - From UNITED KINGDOM

I think that you should have the giga pet as the next geek gadget because it was hip before you started this and they are still cool. - Brooklyn - Age: 13 - From USA

I think pochi is kewl because they are so easy to look after. - Cathryn - Age: 11 - From UNITED KINGDOM

That thing is very cool,whoevevr invinted that doggie i would love to meet.talk to ya later - Mary - Age: 13 - From USA

I think your geek gadget is cool because it can walk, bark, sing, flash his eyes, and beg for his bone.My most favorite thing that he can do is beg for his bone.This weeks geek gadget is great.See you later. - Timmy - Age: 9 - From USA

I think that a poo-chi is good for people that can't get pets. I already have two cats, so I don't have to get one of them. - Sara - Age: 11 - From USA

hi - Brandon - Age: 10 - From SWEDEN

I want one but I don't know what they are like. - Tasha - Age: 10 - From USA

i do not like the toy because it is to loud and my 2 friends have 1 and the toy did not work with in 5 days. - Angela - Age: 9 - From USA

IT'S KEWL! - Cameron - Age: 9 - From USA

I think it is very cool and cute. I would like to get one for chritmas. i would like to get a blue one. - Jamie - Age: 11 - From USA

Well after reading everyone elses comments i would say Poo-chi is not cool. All the people who have one says it stinks and the people who don't want one. Also look at the name POO chi ha ha. Canada rules - Rachel - Age: 11 - From CANADA

I LOVE GEEK GAGETS ITS SO KELW .I TS AWSOME I LIKE IT VERY MUCH AND I WOULD LIKE YOU TO KEEP IT GOING. - JELENA - Age: 11 - From USA

My sister wants one for Christmas she is only 6 years old so I hope its cool - Fiona - Age: 10 - From UNITED KINGDOM

I like pouchy I wish I had one.My friend thinks its the dumbest thing in the world. - Melissa - Age: 8 - From CANADA

I agree Poo-chi's are the dumbest toy I ever saw the aren't any fun.
They are totally stupid I don't even know why Tiger Eletronics made them. I whis the real dogs could not do what Poo-Chi does. - Jordan - Age: 10 - From USA

I think that poo chi is so kewl.my mom said that it is a good kind of pet because u dont have to buy dog food like every week.I think its kewl because u can get poo chi in different colors. so like instead of me having a brown dog it can be purple. - Sarah - Age: 10 - From USA

The geek gadget is stuiped.i have two of them and I will tell you what.When you try to sleep at night they bark and bark.And like you said it does not sound like a dog.My cat can night sleep on the foot of my bed anymore.Because he will bark it off.I does not walk.They sound kewl.And when you first play with them they are fun.a tekno is what I am getting.They are more stuiped then furbys. - Emily - Age: 9 - From USA

I think it is kewl because real dogs are hard to take care of and poocie aren't,and because their just kewl!!! - Megan - Age: 8 - From USA

i think poo-chi's are so kewl because they act like a real dog and do not make a mess - Chrissy - Age: 12 - From UNITED KINGDOM

Although it is very convenient , it is not cool at all . It's a silly toy ! It isn't fun , I would say . - Pamela - Age: 10 - From SINGAPORE

Poohis are really dumb because i bought one and its really boring to play with and all they do is sit and bark!!! - Jenna - Age: 9 - From CANADA

I think its sort-of cool but they shouldn't have so many dog toy pets
- Sarah - Age: 11 - From USA

I think this dog isn't the best thing I saw but it looks instesting. I think it's just a fad that we go through, take Pokemon cards for example they were just a fad. Right? So this robotic dog that is full of metal and that is 30$-60$ is just a fad. But to tell the truth I sure wouldn't want to buy this dog that is a fad that probaly will only be 3-6 months. - Cole - Age: 10 - From USA

poo-chi is old, it's cute but techno is better - Kimberly - Age: 11 - From USA

Ithink poo-chis are really great because if you havent got a dog and your mum wont let you have one theregreat because youdont have to take them walks or anything. - Emma - Age: 12 - From UNITED KINGDOM

It is a fun new toy. I never thought I would have that much fun with a wierd dog!! - Breanna - Age: 12 - From USA

I think the Poo Chi is really cute! I am going to ask for one for Christmas. Have a great day! - Gordy - Age: 11 - From USA

ITS DUMB!!!!!! IT IS SOOOOOOOO ANNOYING I HAVE A REAL DOG AND HER NAME IS BRANDY AND SHE IS SOOOOO MUCH MORE FUN THAN A STUPID POCHI. - Jamie - Age: 13 - From USA

i think Poo-Chi is reallllly kool but real dogs are better..-: - Ruby - Age: 10 - From AUSTRALIA

Geek Gadget is the coolest dude ever and smartest - Andrey - Age: 8 - From AUSTRALIA

I think Poo-chi's are kewl to have! I want one for Christmas! So NEwayz, I totaly agree with who ever wrote the letter. If you can't have a pet, have Poo-chi. They are not too hard to take care of, you don't have to wash them, and the only way you feed them is by using the bone. And, unlike other pets, this one is a very good price. My friend has one and I fell in love with it! - Camille - Age: 11 - From USA

I think it is totally uncool all it can do is bark - Taylor - Age: 9 - From USA

I think that it is great beacause I can go anywhere on it. - Will - Age: 9 - From UNITED KINGDOM

I think it is silly.
It is so babyish.
I would never ever buy one - Natalie - Age: 10 - From UNITED KINGDOM

Po-chi rocks - Mandy - Age: 11 - From CANADA

i think that the talkig wrestling aciton figurs are the best - Cam - Age: 9 - From USA

It looks like fun.I already have a dog ,a live one,but I would really like a dog like that.I wish I could look at it closer.I think it's great - Nina - Age: 10 - From INDIA

I know it rules and I would love to win a prize like that robot dog or any other prizes like Poke'mon cards or Star Wars or even Dragon Ball Z stuff.Anyway I think its awesome stuff that you give away.Well got to go now Bye. - Jordan - Age: 9 - From AUSTRALIA

It is GREAT AND COOL. - David - Age: 7 - From AUSTRALIA

First of all, you shouldn't call it a geek gadget because that might make people not want to buy it because if its a geek gadget, geeks will have it DUH! - Shelly - Age: 11 - From USA

I THINK THAT POO-CHI IS REALLY COOL. NO OFFENSE TO THE PEOPLE WHO HATE IT YA'LL ARE CRAZY.IT'S SO CUTE. - COURTNEY - Age: 9 - From USA

I got a poo chi and it was a ripoff! The darn thing doesn't shut off and it keeps us all awake at night! I would rather have a real dog
to play with! - Harry - Age: 10 - From USA

I thinh It is very cute and funny - Nakita - Age: 13 - From CANADA

well i think the toy is way cool out of this world even what i want 2 know is why it consumes so much energy if i could have 1 toy it would probably be 1 of these if any1 else thinks they are way cool good for u =peace out= - TONY - Age: 11 - From UNITED KINGDOM

Poo-chi is the stupidest, most boring toy ever! I got one, O.K., it's noises are anoying, and when it's sad, all you have to do is put the bone in it's mouth. Exuse me, but don't people like challenge anymore? - David - Age: 9 - From USA

COOL - HOBIE - Age: 9 - From USA

Poo-chi pros - no cleaning up, no feeding, no shedding
Poo-chi cons - battery eater, not cuddly, no taking for walks (exersice for you and the dog) - Kayla - Age: 14 - From USA

it is really cool - Elizabeth - Age: 12 - From USA

James-read the instructions,to wake your poo-chi up,press its head button. - Kat - Age: 13 - From NEW ZEALAND

I have two.They are quite cool,but not all they are cracked up to be.
Furbys are WAY better(I have one of them to).
I think that if you have enough time and money for a real dog,then they are the best choice. - Kat - Age: 13 - From NEW ZEALAND

I think the poo- chi is a kewl, but I don't know what a kewl is - Michael - Age: 12 - From USA

it rulz and i whant it - Maria - Age: 11 - From CANADA

The POOCHI looks ok, but i think you might get sick of it. - Jennifer - Age: 11 - From USA

the geek gadget is cool, fun super, srumdiddlyumstions, - Verna - Age: 12 - From CHINA

I would give it a big fat F like this one....... F Because it doesn't act like a real dog like Tekno. - Nikki - Age: 8 - From USA

Like, NOT!!!! I mean, have you ever seen its commercial on the shopping network? It sounds NOTHING like a bark. it sounds more like a sick bird. Sorry if you like it... no offence or anything - Em - Age: 10 - From CANADA

That is the dumbest thing I've ever seen my friend has one and all it does is sit there and bark a song. It's a toy for a baby. and it's so expensive. - Lisa - Age: 10 - From CANADA

IT IS COOL!!!! - Mary - Age: 10 - From CANADA

Poochis r very kewl, but sometimes they must get annoying. crying and laughing.
- Jess - Age: 11 - From USA

I like it very much - Rachel - Age: 10 - From CANADA

i want one for Christmas.I think that they are so cute.they don't act and look like real dogs but they are so cute. - Brittany - Age: 11 - From USA

I am getting one for christmas i hope they are worth the money. They sound kewl!! - Danielle - Age: 12 - From UNITED KINGDOM

Were I come from we dont have those but it sounds coooooooool - Allison - Age: 9 - From SOUTH AFRICA

I personally do not like them.They were kwel when they first came out but now they have got alot of compatition!!!Its a girls world boys just live in it!! - Amy - Age: 13 - From USA

i like it - Doya - Age: 5 - From USA

I think it's not kewl because they needed some more money so they made it. - Taylor - Age: 10 - From USA

I think it looks really stupid and it looks nothing like a dog and it dosn't act like one. - Callum - Age: 12 - From UNITED KINGDOM

Great.I've already got 2 of them. - James - Age: 11 - From UNITED KINGDOM

nice to meet you. - Zihiie - Age: 6 - From KOREA

Well I don't have one but now that i have a job i'm going to buy one they look really kewl! - Lisle - Age: 14 - From USA

i have one and i think it's way kewl anyone should get it!! - Lacey - Age: 10 - From USA

I think its BORING!!!!!! - Caiti - Age: 10 - From USA

I really love Poo-Chies I think it was a good choice for the geek gadget. But why did you pick Poo-Chi it's not that I don't like it but there is over 1 million toys in the world - Samantha - Age: 10 - From CANADA

I think this geek gadget is awesome and I don't care what anyone thinks I want one!! - Kaylee - Age: 12 - From CANADA

It is SO boring just like a furdy! Sorry but dont ask this present for x-mas! because its BORING - Cally - Age: 11 - From CANADA

i just like to have a robtbox puppy. - Brian - Age: 8 - From USA

First of all CANADA ROCKS thats why I AM CANADIAN second i think poo-chi isn't kewl because it will be a battery eater just like furby. You'll put new batteries in and the next thing you know it's buzzing and screaming because the batteries are dead. I think poo-chi is nothing like a real dog at all. When you have a real dog to can train it and name it and it can grow up to love you and trust you, poo-chi on the other hand will just sit there and light up it's little eyes. and like how many dogs have you light up there eyes when they want attention,not many i hope, like come on lets get real, how many dogs do you know have to have batteries?? dose poo-chi eat, dose it need a bath, do you keed to train it or clan up after it?? NO so weres the responsibility???? THERE IS NONE and thats why i thing poo-chi is not KEWL. - Kelsey - Age: 12 - From CANADA

In my opinohon i think that that dog is not good - Stephanie - Age: 11 - From CANADA

That you are fun and you sound fun and I want to play your game - Aj - Age: 12 - From SOUTH AFRICA

Poochi is sooo not kewl!!!!!! - Daisy - Age: 7 - From CUBA

There OK. I can't seem to find the ON button! The dog looks nice though. - James - Age: 11 - From UNITED KINGDOM

Home |  Games | Adventure | Chat & Buzz | Make Friends | Shopping | Create | Idea Seekers 

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Legal Stuff | Link to KidsCom | Blog

Media | Advertise | Corporate Sponsors | Youth Research

©1995-2014 Circle 1 Network.

KidsCom Jr. ParentsTalk Root 'n Reward Meet the Ad Bug Meet Kid Be Safe Got Questions? KidsCom news Update or review your registration Tell all your friends Use the site map Make KidsCom your start page