The Ad Bug

Geek Gadgets

Every two weeks, Dumonde and Skeeter pick a new "kewl" tech toy to vote and speak out on. We use only the Kewl stuff you suggest, so vote on this week's kewl item and let us know what you think.

This Geek Gadget was from December 6, 2000. - December 19, 2000.

what it is: Helio

company: V-Tech

what it does: It's a handheld computer that fits in your hand.

why is it kewl?: First, the colors are really cool. You can check your e-mail with it and play some games. AND it's really, really cheap for your own computer!

Check the vote count on this Geek Gadget!

Thanks Paul (13, USA) for the geek gadget suggestion!

I think the geek gadget is cool. It would be handy just to pack your own computer in your pocket or something. It would also be cool to be on the internet at the same time your sister is. - Ali - Age: 11 - From USA

i think if i had the money i still would not buy it i have a larger one at home and i would never use it - Kira - Age: 11 - From AUSTRALIA

I think it's kewl, but if the things needed for it or to fix it are expensive or hard to find, I don't think it's worth it. - Alexandra - Age: 11 - From PHILIPPINES

i think that this is one of the best geek gadgets i've seen, i think it would be great to have one. sorry if this is a bit short i'm in a rush - Beck - Age: 12 - From AUSTRALIA

I think it's ok not like any 13 year-old would like it but its cool - ERIN - Age: 13 - From CANADA

it is cool dood - Danielle - Age: 8 - From UNITED KINGDOM

I don't think it is so cool. Probably pretty soon everyone will have one.There then would be people walking all over with one.It might make a lot of people lazy.The inernet is cool but you need to do get out and up and so something.Like play sports or something.Already a lot of people do all there shopping and things on the inernet.It is just going to be a big problem.What if the power went out.If everyone does things by computer we will be lost.No way to know how to do anything.To fix the power or anything.That is why I don't think the computer is a good idea. - Ash - Age: 12 - From USA

I think that would be really neat. I mean you can/t drag a big computer with you, but if you had a hand held computer sure thing you could. I think it is a really KEWL computer. Could you see websites on it?
- Britny - Age: 10 - From USA

i think that is two thumbs up - Leah - Age: 11 - From CROATIA

I don't think it's "kewl" because you can't do as much on a *mini* computer as you can on a *regular* size moniter & I like to do a lot on computers. - Megan - Age: 10 - From USA

I THINK IT'S SUPER KEWL AND REALLY NEET! I THINK IT LOOKS REALLY HANDY! (GET IT, IT FITS IN YOUR HAND, HANDY?)
I REALLY NEED ONE! - Taylor - Age: 10 - From USA

Its has to be ps2 - Daniel - Age: 9 - From IRELAND

I THINK IT'S COOL AND CLEVER. - ERICA - Age: 11 - From USA

i think its a stpid idea to make a gadget that has games and it like a computer . that idea was so stupid and crazy,but its interesting i like the idea but you can think of something better then that.And next to you make something dont make it so small that it can fit in your pocket.OK OK - Kashawn - Age: 11 - From USA

It's a little dull. It would be better for an adult. Most kids don't think of a hand-held computer that accesses emails as "kewl". And as for all the games you can play on it, they were never described. Hangman? Chess? Diamonds? It could be anything. There's really no way to determine whether you'd like it or not with it being so vague. - Olivia - Age: 11 - From USA

This is awsome,where can I get one? - Nathalie - Age: 11 - From CANADA

I think it`s COOL!!. It will definateley become the RAGE!!! in 2001! I think I`ll ask my Mom if I can have one!!! - Tamera - Age: 13 - From AUSTRALIA

I think it`s got to go it`s rubbish!!!!! - Louise - Age: 12 - From AUSTRALIA

The geek gadet is really kool but can u do anything else on it other than checking my email and playing games on it like going to different websites? it would be much kooler if it could d oa whole lot more than that stuff! but still its really kool! - Fallon - Age: 12 - From CANADA

Hey all you guys!!! I think this gadget so cool!I would get one!!Especially for my boyfriend!!Love ya all! C-ya later! - Katie - Age: 13 - From USA

Where do you buy it? When you buy it how do you get it to work? If it doesn't work can you fix it? If all of these answers are good ones then this gadget is SPECtacular and TRAmendous! Maybe the next gadget will be a SKEETER! Also, the next one could be DUMONDE GPS if it even is a realistic item... - Kevin - Age: 9 - From USA

I think my Dad will be jumping up and down! - Kira - Age: 8 - From USA

It's not so kewl. What could be superkewl was if the greek made a sybor dog that could do everything a real dog could. They should also program the dog to be able to learn camands over time that is. Now thats my idea of KEWL!!! - Deerdra - Age: 12 - From USA

I think it is so coool it is awosem - Andrew - Age: 9 - From USA

I think it is a cool gadget and I want to get one. - Noell - Age: 10 - From AUSTRALIA

i think the geek gadget is cool - Anthony - Age: 8 - From USA

i think it is a really neat gadget to have and if i could have one i would use it all the time. - Shannon - Age: 11 - From CANADA

I think it looks great!! - Danny - Age: 9 - From USA

DEAR GEEK GADGETS,I THINK THAT GEEK GADGETS IS ONE OF THE MOST FUNNIEST THINGS THAT A PERSON CAN GO TO.I HAVE A COMPUTER AT HOME AND I COME TO THIS.I THINK A TOY THAT WE CAN HAVE A TALKIG TWEETY BIRD - TWEETY - Age: 11 - From USA

I think the geek gadget should be a super poochie. - Ronche - Age: 12 - From USA

hi - Wail - Age: 12 - From FRANCE

I think this is very neat and I want my Mom to buy me one! - Jia - Age: 10 - From USA

I think the geek gadget is the coolest thing i have ever seen!Only becasue it is cheap.it fits in your hand and it's the same thing as the other computers but...when you are on the go you can check your e-mail and play games on it.It also fits in little places like pockets,purses and stuff like that!
That's what i think of the geek gadget! - Ashley - Age: 12 - From USA

I think it's a good idea. A computer that you can carry around...KEWL - Nicholas - Age: 8 - From TRINIDAD

I think it's AWSOME! you can check your e-mail and playgames - Amy - Age: 10 - From NETHERLANDS

i don't like this gadget.why would you need it unless you owned a buisness, and those people that do usually have a lot of money so why would they need one?right?right!!!!! - Brittany - Age: 11 - From USA

i think its cool - Pizza111 - Age: 12 - From USA

i just think its cool - Roger - Age: 12 - From USA

Is not my type. These things are not good for your brain. - Sara - Age: 11 - From USA

This is totally cool! It's like a protable computer. - Ashley - Age: 10 - From USA

GEEK ALERT! Not cool is what I think.I enjoy collecting dairy products! - Gorge - Age: 16 - From UNITED KINGDOM

Its pretty cool. I like it alot, Ive totally always wanted a laptop or a minicomputer. How much does it cost? Pleeze tell me... - Jaime - Age: 11 - From USA

i think its cool. my penpal rikki & i love computer but there so expensiv - Rika - Age: 9 - From JAPAN

Personally, I dislike and like the gadget. I dislike it because, the color ir ugly, and it doesn't look very interesting, and it look like one of those gameboys, etc. And I don't like those. But I think it's cool that you can check your e-mail with it and stuff. - Yana - Age: 11 - From USA

I thnk this geek gadget is pretty kewl(cool). I like computers and a small one for a cheaper price doesn't make much of a difference. The only problem might be that because it's so small, the graphics and words can be hard to see but other than that I think it's pretty neet (neat).When you're bored, you can go on the computer ANYWHERE and I think that's GREAT! - Sonia - Age: 10 - From CANADA

I THINK IT IS REALLY RELLY AWSOME!! :) - SARA - Age: 11 - From USA

I really like it, but I still think that you need to have more cuddely *Geek Gadgets*! - Tara - Age: 11 - From CANADA

interresting - Anabelle - Age: 9 - From CANADA

dumb - K - Age: 13 - From TURKEY

I'm still wondering how cheep it is?! Tell me! - Kevin - Age: 9 - From USA

kewl - Ann - Age: 15 - From BELGIUM

Home |  Games | Adventure | Chat & Buzz | Make Friends | Shopping | Create | Idea Seekers 

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Legal Stuff | Link to KidsCom | Blog

Media | Advertise | Corporate Sponsors | Youth Research

©1995-2014 Circle 1 Network.

KidsCom Jr. ParentsTalk Root 'n Reward Meet the Ad Bug Meet Kid Be Safe Got Questions? KidsCom news Update or review your registration Tell all your friends Use the site map Make KidsCom your start page