We give you a KidsCom.com tip, trick or special code in every issue to help defeat the Darkness!
Hi! I'm Dumonde. Last week we talked about how I've set up my Gadget Maker on the Beach on Manabel Island so Idea Seekers and Allies could use it to build Algae Bloom tracking devices. An Algae Bloom tracking device is a gadget that can study the ocean, detect where an Algae Bloom is occurring and send the information back to a station on the land so people know to avoid the area.
Algae Blooms keep spreading all over Sarillion at an incredible pace! This goes to show that we have to work on keeping good records of the carbon dioxide levels in the air and water so we can determine what areas need our help the most. So here are some more reminders about how to use my Gadget Maker to keep working on building the best Algae tracker we can!
How to make an Algae Bloom Tracker with Dumonde's Gadget Maker
- The Gadget Maker is found on the Beach next to the Bulletin Board. Click on it to start building your gadget!
- With your mouse, click and drag the various pieces and parts you want to use to create your tracking gadget. Choose from basic shapes to hi-tech stuff. You can click and drag to move the pieces in any position. Use as many items as you like.
- You can use Dumonde's Gadget Control Panel to tweak out every component of your tracking gadget invention. Click on the piece you want to tweak and then use the sliding bars within the control panel. You can fade, turn and resize every object of your gadget.
- Use the Color area to change the colors of your individual pieces. Click on the piece you want to colorize and then click and drag the circle in the color area to the color you want. You can also click on the colored blocks to choose another color.
- You can add sound effects and music by clicking in the Music area.
- To remove items from your work area, click and drag them to the Trash icon.
- Click Start Over to remove everything you've done so far.
Preview Your Algae Bloom Tracking Gadget
- When you're done building your tracking gadget, click Preview Your Gadget to see your final creation.
- On the preview page, click and type in the text area to name your gadget.
- Below the gadget, click and type in the text area to describe how your tracking gadget works.
- If you want to make any changes, click Edit Your Gadget.
- If you want to start over and make a new tracking gadget, click Create Another Gadget.
For more hints and tricks, including how to send a copy of your Gadget to a friend, click "How to Play" when you go into the Gadget Maker! Have fun!
(Editor's Note: Master Idea Seekers on Earth are using their gadget-building skills to create huge LEGO models! Find out more by clicking here.)
New Swimsuits available at Kimma's Care Shop!
To help boost morale during the latest Team Challenge Expedition, Princess Kimma has designed some fun new swimwear for everyone to wear while hanging out at the Waterfall! Head to Kimma's Care Shop (located in her room in the Royal Palace).
- Girl Wrap-around Swim Skirt – 350 VP
- Girl Striped Swim Shorts With Tie – 350 VP
- Girl Polka Dot Swim Bottom – 400 VP
- Girl Striped Swim Bottom – 325 VP
- Girl Solid Swim Bottom – 300 VP
- Girl Striped String-Tie Swim Top – 350 VP
- Girl Solid Swim Tank – 300 VP
- Girl Polka Dot String-tie Swim Top – 400 VP
- Girl Solid Halter Strap Swim Top – 325 VP
- Boy Elastic Waist Swim Trunks With Drawstring Tie – 300 VP
- Boy Striped Swim Shorts With Double String Tie And Pocket – 400 VP
- Boy Long Swim Trunks With Pocket – 350 VP
- Boy Sleeveless Swim Shirt – 325 VP
- Boy Solid Swim Tank – 350 VP
- Boy Striped Swim Tank – 400 VP